What are the symptoms of papillodema? I’m not sure what exactly papillodema means, so I’d like to hear more about it. Is it something like conjunctivitis? How is it treated? Please post and thank you in advance.

I had papilloedema a year ago. I’ve been experiencing persistent, niggling headache that didn’t reacted on painkillers. I’ve never had migraine attack before, so I couldn’t compare this pain with it and I supposed it wasn’t migraine. I knew that sensitive to light and smells are symptoms of migraine, but I got double vision and my eyes went squint. Lately I was diagnosed papillodema. There was a blood clot behind my left eye. Blood flow was constricted in frontal part of my brain. I got the medications to thin my blood. That was terrible experience; I still don’t know how that could happen to me.

Well,
I am not sure if this condition happens often, and this is why people don’t know too much about this. As much as I know the Papilledema is optic disc swelling that is caused by increased intracranial pressure. Now the swelling is usually bilateral and it can occur in matter of hours. Why are you interested in this condition? DO you have any loss of venous pulsation or maybe if you noticed any hemorrhages over the optic disc? If you have this it would be good to see a doctor and to see what can be done with this condition. I hope this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Nelie