Hi. I'm 30 year old female and just the other day I encountered on one big and, for me, unsolvable problem.
One night, before I went to bed, I have noticed that my eyes are really red and swollen.
I didn’t pay too much attention on it because I thought it was caused by too much working on my PC.
I guess I was wrong because I woke up in the middle of the night with painful, swollen, red eyes with subconjunctival hemorrhages and excessive tearing.
I used some antibiotic crème but it didn’t help. I don’t know what could cause this and I was hopping that someone does!

Well, I don’t know a lot about this but I'm definitely sure this can't be caused by looking in the monitor.
From the symptoms you have mentioned it could be only some type of acute hemorrhagic conjunctivitis or something similar to this.
Hemorrhagic conjunctivitis is inflammation of conjunctives characterized by conjunctival congestion, vascular dilatation, and onset of edema.
This disease is a rapidly progressive and contagious viral infection.
Antibiotics will not help you, like you have already noticed because currently, no treatment is available for hemorrhagic conjunctivitis.
This disease usually exhibits a self-limited course.