The skin on my penis is peeling near the head. It's does not itch, and it's only sore to the touch where the skin has peeled and only when erect. Could it be a skin fungus or just friction burn from masturbation without lubrication? I have very good hygene and never use public showers.

Yes to both your questions... it could be a skin fungus (and so you'll need a fungicide, probably available from your pharmasist) and yes,
it might be agrivated by masturbation without lubrication. Have you considered using first aid cream and laying off the sex for a little while? Give it a chance to heal.

The fact you have good hygene is great, but I'm not sure about your concern over public showers.
Most are cleaned and sanitized regularly. And if it's really a shower, you don't have to worry about catching anything from a stream of water. Just dry thoroughly and if you're concerned about foot fungus or sijmilar problems, wear clean flip flops in the shower.

its weird im having the same problem except it only started after i used lube for the first time.... help??