So basically what the doctors just did with you was first tell you and your family it is in your head and then told you to take 2 months of school?! So which one is it?

The problem you are having at 15 I had too, and when I would have to be taken to the hospital I don't think they would have taken me seriously if it wasn't for me vomiting in pain, and passing clots the size of a walnut! It was HELL! And back then - late 70's early 80's periods weren't talked about so EVERYONE - from my red neck father, ALL my friends - including my guy friends, teachers, and people in the street would know that I was in incredible pain, and having my periods! I would get several a month - it was TRUE hell! All they had - other than morphine - was Midol or Tramadol and I would almost take a full bottle every day, and then vomit from that! As years went by I was put on different birth control pills - which would help for awhile and then wear off etc. I was on painkillers that would make me like a zombie, and I too was told I must have a low tolerence for pain! Then I had my first child - with NO pain medication, because labor was NO where near what i endured EVERY month! And the doctor and nurses couldn't believe that I wasn't screaming or needed anything - and my first son was 9lbs 1 oz where the normal size is usually between 6 and 7 pounds! So after I had him - I was OK for a couple of months then ALL of a sudden the pain was back! And they did another laproscopy - with a new gynecologist - who wanted to do it when I was in pain (which the others did when I wasn't) so he went it and that is what he told me, that my veins were SO engorged with blood and stretched and they looked bruised, and they were around my uterus - which made my cramps feel like I was in labor! After my 2nd child - I wanted 7 children - my gynecologist sat me down and said "It's time to call this a day, either have another child or it's time to take the pain away" So my mom was dying at the time, and begged me NOT to have another child - because she wouldn't be there to see it :-( so we decided that 2 was it, and I had a hysterectomy at 35. 

It is ridiculous that you have to defend your pain! Why would a young girl WANT to feel like this? And perhaps it's because they don't know what to do with you, so it must be in your head! That is what doctors used to think about PMS and menopause - women were put in Sanitoriums for women who were insane, because they didn't believe that ALL of these problems existed!

IF your pain is just around the time of your period, I would ask your regular doctor to be put on constant birth control - I am NOT a fan of this, BUT I would be a hypocrite if I didn't say I too was on this - so see if he/she is willing to do this for you! So you don't get a period for a year!

Due to your lining being thinner than usual then this probably means you don't have big clots - which makes it worse - and they also wouldn't do a D&C to clear out the uterus! I know they have done an ultrasound of your lining, but what about the organs around it? Especially your colon! I think they need to do laproscopy on you - and have someone really take a look through your organs to see if there is any tissue growth! the only big side for me - other than the gas - was when a doctor moves your organs around, you can REALLY cramp after - and boy did I ever! BUT it was worth them finding out what was going on with me!

Due to you being on a lot of painkillers, this will also be affecting your hair health as well! HAve they done hormone tests on you or offered you a hormone patch - either estrogen or testosterone?

Hi, Yeah, I dont think this one emergency doctor knew what he was doing. Was very unhappy! My specialists said that there is something going on but just have to fidn out what. So, Yeah I'm happy to say "its not in my head". You just took the words out of my mouth. Of course I dont want to be like this, I am usually a very fit, active girl who loves her life and everything about it and who in there right mind would want to be in pain and hospital- No thanks. It seems you have been through a hell of a ride. I feel for you! Regarding my period, Its really strange. I honestly dont know what it is. So basically this is my period: Every 35 days I get it on a wednesday around 10.30am and by about 9.30pm that night it will be spotting by next morning completely gone. I have the pain all the time but the intensity of it begins to rise about 2 days before hand. I get VERY HORMONAL a week before. One moment I'll be really happy the next i can be crying to one of my friends. The pain begins to ease on teh Thursday and then by the friday im back to my "normal pain". The pain goes from my back stomach pelvis legs all of joints (elbows knees) I get the custer migraines. its terrible. With the clots, I'm not sure what you would call it but its like a REALY thick mesh like blood. It is BRIGHT RED! I am having no normal menstrual blood it is all this thick stuff and usually i only get it when I go to the toilet. Along with the lead up to my period, I ALWAYS get explosive diahorea before my period. I do get diahorea normally (there trying to find a cause of that) All I know is that the ultrasounds that were done showed my kidneys (i was peeing blood in hospital), my uterus it self, ovaries, fallopian tubes and thats it. Nothing else had been done. The hair is a relief in a way atleast i know its not anything worse just the damn painkillers. My mum wanted me to go the doctor to be put on the pill but i didnt want to at the time so I will wait till i get back from holidays. I think we have an appointment. Thanks

What you are describing is actual VERY low estrogen! Estrogen is the female hormone - gives us our menses, and since you don't have a regular period - and there is no thining of your lining - causing the thick blood. It also explains joint pain, and thinning hair! Do you ever have night sweats or panic attacks? Boy this sounds like that! And I have to agree with your mom about the pill - it was my salvation for awhile! And I think you should have your hormones tested and perhaps be given a hormone patch! I had one - but mine was with Testosterone! Wouldn't this be something if it was low estrogen levels all along? And also just remind me if you have had your thyroid tested too? Google symptoms of low estrogen - and remember you don't have to have ALL of them, but if you can check off quite a few then this might be the answer!

Yeah, the thing is my period is regular like it comes every 35 days (always has- i have gone 9 weeks and 11 weeks but thats the only time) but its really short, painful, starnge in my eyes ect ect ect. I had my thyroid tested in hospital and thats normal. Mum also said that she wanted my hormones tested but we then thought that we will tackle one thing at a time ie the gastroenterologist appointment. And yeah I will thanks!

I went to the doctor yesterday.  I tried to send this then but for some reason it wouldn't send it.  Anyway, I went to the gastrointerologist and they told me I would get a scope done for my upper GI and a colonoscopy.  she gave me new meds to try to help with the tummy trouble and something to help with the abdominal pain.  she did blood work and said she was checking my liver enzymes and my thyroid. She said she thinks it is Crohn's or ulcertive collitis and we would know more after the procedures. I have to wait a whole month for that tho. Jessica, I hope they figure out what is going on with you.  My mother just started hormone treatment and she says she feels ten times better. Best of luck to you. Let me know if you figure anything out.

So, random update. I have been taking the meds the doctor gave me and I feel much better. It has pretty much solved the diarrhea, nause, stuff, but I am still very bloated and gasy, and my periods are still messed up and all the "lady stuff" is going on. I don't know if they are related or not. I had two periods this month and not period the prior month. I am very crampy and I feel as though it could be two things going on.

Hi, Well thats great that you are feeling a bit better and hopefully when you get the tests done you will begin to feel better and all of that. I had the Gastroscopy and yeah, mine was all fine. I went to the Royal Childrens Hospital in melbourne on thursday and well they did more blood tests but they are thinking i might have intolerences to foods. so I have to wait till October as its the earliest i can get in and as they dont do it in my home town melbourne is the closest place. I am getting tested for Fructose and Lactose intolerences.  I also have an appointment in september at the RCH again and hopefully will get somewhere there. Reagrding how im feeling still the same. cramping, diahorea, constipation, period is still all over the place, headaches (whic are probably just caused by whatever cases my cluster miagraines) umm, yeah still not sleeping... Oh well, ill get there. Thanks so much Mammacarter, let me know how you go with the tests :) Hope you are feeling better soon xx

Hi, just an update :) I went to the Royal childrens the other day and im still waiting to do the hydrogen breath test but I got the blood test results back and they were all normal whihc we susupected. I have been referred to a gynaecologist because there is suspected endometriosis of the bowel or wherever. I am going to see a dietician and start a elimination diet called FODMAP. Regarding my symptons there all the same :( but I'll let you know how everything goes :) How are you both? x

Jessica1511 wrote:

Jessica1511 wrote:

I hope all goes well Jessica. sorry they are having such a hard time figuring out what is going on with you. I know several websites and things with recipes if you do end up having trouble with food. My bestfriend has a daughter with allergies and and intolerances to foods. she has lots of material on how to avoid the trouble food. I really hope it isn't Endometiosis.

I still havent heard from the doctor about my biopsy and blood test so I guess no news is good news. they said if I have more stomach problems they would test me for food allergies but right now the meds are still working. periods still messed up had no period in june, had two in july had a really short but really heavy one in August and only spotting in september. idk. the gyno doesn't seem to think it is a problem

take care of yourself and let me know what you find out

mammacarter wrote:

Jessica1511 wrote:

Jessica1511 wrote:

Hi, How are you both? Well, I'm getting there, but anyway. So i had the hydrogen breath tests and they came back normalish but staying of lactose at the moment. I have been to my gyno and they put me on Microgynon 30 ed. They think i may have endometriosis but don't like just doing surgery so they just put me on the pill. well the microgynon worked really well, i felt actually half a person on it except for i was having pins and needles and pain on my right side of my body... so anyway we called them and they said to immediately stop taking them. As i already have a history of Cluster Headaches they think i was having what was called an "ATYPICAL Miagraine. anyway i have now been changed to Microlut, feel absolutley terrible, has done nothing for me and i still have the numbness in my arm but on the left side. Going to see gyno on friday anyway... I also went and saw my gastroenterologist and he said i basically have IBS but he thinks there might be more with gyno. He also said that i have to get my kidneys checked because there was blood coming from them and 2 tests showed really high levels and one with hardly any so gotta get them checked out. I'm okay, lately i haven't been all that great but I'll get there. Oh, I also went to teh dietician and well, yeah, I wasnt too pleased but she was really pushy and said that I don't eat enough but in all honesty i do and if i eat anymore i just end up on the toilet or in terrible pain but she didnt seem to care about that all she cared about was that i ate more... Anyway i'm taking a fibre supplement in the mornings... So the dietician i wasnt too pleased going back to her on monday. Let me know how you are all going :) x

mammacarter wrote:

Jessica1511 wrote:

Jessica1511 wrote: