During last month I have noticed than my stool has changed. Usually I would pass huge balls of waste, but for the last month my stool was pencil shaped. Very thin. I have never experienced anything similar. I have had hemorrhoids before and I got rid of them, this is something different. I would also feel abdominal pain that would disappear after passing stool. Any ideas on what this could be? It is not hemorrhoids, right?

Hemorrhoids usually cause constipation, actually they are usually made by straining but pencil-shaped stool is more a sign of irritable bowel syndrome. IBS is part of a spectrum of diseases known as functional gastrointestinal disorders which include diseases such as noncardiac chest pain, nonulcer dyspepsia, and chronic constipation or diarrhea. To find a treatment you need to be evaluated by a doc, in order to check the severity of your symptoms and according to them give you a proper treatment.

Not to scare you, but pencil shaped, thin stool is often a presenting symptom of adenocarcinoma of the LEFT colon. Adenocarcinoma arises from adenomas, or polps, in the large bowel and can occlude the lumen or tube through which stool is passed. You need to report to your doctor immediately about this change in stool pattern, along with any other associated constitutional symptoms, such as rectal bleeding, anemia, weight loss and generally not feeling well. Good luck.