Sir/Madam,

My son is 9 years old growing. He has a problem of dry skin which is statarted by birth itself. We have consulted so many doctors gives no improvement and said to us to keep the entire body moisture by applying liquid paraffin. That is what we are doing. If we don't apply liquid paraffin body will become dry, loose scales like powder, scartches will develop ultimately itches will be more and start to blood come.

I request kindly show me the permanent solution to make his skin like ours or normal skin.

Thanks

Vasudeva

Dear Sir,
I have read your article ,infact i am one of the sufferer.
It will not get permanently cured
But using Ayurvedic you may find better results
I have used each and every medicine for it
This is due to the heat inside the body
I suggest ,you can use coconut oil much for sometime
The remaining tips are asusual,
using intake medicines will give no better results
if you can afford ,there is some nature cure hospitals in balkampet hyderabad.It will give good results
you can releive him temperarily
Yes if you can avoid salt and mirchi powder intake for your son,it will help him a lot
"only sweets and ghee products and pottu minapappu (garalu) can help him soon get 70% out of it"(no curd ,only majjiga)

l am 25 years old male and had the same problem since birth my mums used to take me to many doctors when i was tounger, didnt helped much :( now I just keep using body lotions, let me know if you find permament treatment.

asd above I am53 yrs old male.

Hello
I have very dry skin from birth.I am 19 yrs old.I have tried ayurvedic medicine and oils,i hav tried homeopathic medicines and everything that anyone told me.My skin problems are redness,itchiness all over the body especially face and flaky skin which appears in winters.Sweating,working out,going in the sun,spicy food,wollen clothes,heat,all these things trigger severe itching all over my body.I haven't found any permanent cure for it till now.Although taking proper care of skin like moisturising,applying sunscreen,taking omega 3 rich food, etc can help.

Hello All,

I have been suffering from severe dry skin from birth. Rough palms, cracked and flaky skin are the common symptoms. Along with all these even my skin complexion was a little darker than usual. Now I am 23 yrs old and my skin has improved a lot over the years. I believe there is no cure though but I have taken great care for my skin all these years. I will list out some important things to cure dry skin.

*First of all, I do not recommend consulting any skin specialists. Their lotions and creams don't work at all. Just a waste of money.

*The major factor in curing dry skin is personal hygiene. DO NOT take bath regularly(daily or 2 times a day). Normal people do take a bath daily or even 2 times a day, but I do not recommend doing it because dry skin is caused because our skin has lost the ability to store essential oils to keep the skin smooth and soft. So taking bath regularly will wash away these essential body oils drying up our skin. Taking a bath once in two or three days is good. Even when you are having a bath, always use soft water. Do not ever use hard water for bathing. When it comes to soap, use a mild soap like park avenue or Dove and those kind of soaps. For the face use a light facewash.(Himalaya is the best). When you are not bathing, you can just wash your face with soft water and facewash. Also, the best time to bath is during the nights before sleep. You can apply any good moisturizer, coconut oil, almond oil or castor oil right after bathing(wipe away excess water before applying). The oils or moisturiser will help the skin lock the moisture along with the essential vitamins present in the oils thus helping cure dry skin.

*The next factor you need to check is the food intake. Include curd or buttermilk twice or atleast once a day. Keep your body hydrated by drinking enough water throughout the day. Include ghee and milk in your diet. Walnuts also have vitamins and minerals that can help cure dry skin. Google for fruits,vegetables and other eatables that can cure dry skin. Include them in your diet. You can also use consume omega 3 pills. They can be very helpful.

All in all, you need to care for your skin from the outside as well as from the inside. I have been doing all these from the past 3-4 years and found great improvement in my skin.

Do not lose hope..
Have a great day!!!

Well just a note on this since I've battled this same problem all my life and I'm now 73. The only thing that ever cleared my skin for the summer anyway was to get sunburned one good time and it cleared up however when winter rolled around, back to the dry skin. Now since I have gotten skin cancer I can't do that any longer...so guess I'm stuck with it for rest of my life..