hopefully someone on here who went through complete thyroidectomy could help me with their experience, because I already exhausted all medical sources I had access to. My mom had complete thyroidectomy three months ago due to cancerous growth. She is now on Synthroid and at first it looked that things are going to be OK, but during the last few weeks we’ve all started to notice her personality changing. She’s always been calm, open-hearted and social person, but now she has become very agitated, everything seems to annoy her and she snaps at us for any little thing she thinks is wrong. She is 40, so I don’t think these changes are related to menopause or dementia.

I had the same surgery in Feb 2019 and have been going through the same thing. I can see the change myself and I'm not sure what to do about it. Hope things are better with your Mom.