I had THR in Feb '06. What are the symptons that indicate a problem with infection? I have a tooth that has needed a root canal since 1993. It gets inflamed occasionally.

I see your post was 2-3 years ago, but I had a THR on 10/13, then I fell and had to have a revision THR and ORIF for femur fracture. Now I am having occasional SEVERE pains in my mid thigh. Since the new implant had a longer intramedullary stem, it seems to me the pain corresponds with the end of the stem.
I have had problems with tooth abscess due to poor quality dental work. I am so afraid that I am getting an infection in the hip. X-rays last week did not show anything, but perhaps too early? Also lower leg was pinkish-red and very tender for about a week to 10 days, but it has gotten better. I am on a second round of amoxicillin for my tooth.

Can anybody out there help me with these topics?

I seen your problem with your hip I too had a THR 1 yr ago, revision done 2 mths and now having pain in the hip I too found out that the navy pulled a moller tooth in the 70's and left a root behind now its all infected and causing pain to the jaw and hip they did a root canel on the tooth in front killed all the nerves so I didn't know when the infection really started