Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

This answer has taken me a few years to discover. However, I guarantee I have the answer. I am 100% sure you will agree. What I have discovered with a careful 2-year study of my eating habits and obsessive oral hygiene is that the polyps are the result of a food allergy. Yes, that's right! You heard me - allergies. But, how can that be you may ask? I didn’t know I had any diagnosed allergies and you may be the same. However, what I discovered is the body's wonderful mechanism to protect us when it can and heal us as the primary directive. From ingesting something, you are even slightly allergic to will send signals to stop and protect you from the intruder or foreign matter. So is the case with my slight allergy to nuts. When I ingest even the smallest piece of nut or oils made from nuts or residue from nuts, my throat stops the ingestion process from going any further then the throat. If, I had a severe allergic reaction, my throat would probably close up and restrict my airway. However, the body does its job even on a small scale by creating polyps after in halts the foreign body. -- Something like an oyster creating a pearl when foreign bodies or bacteria enters. My throat tissue surrounds the nut matter and within 12 to 24 hours creates polyps that stay in the back of my throat until nature takes its course and starts to decay the matter. No amount of teeth brushing or gargling will move the polyps. The throat holds the invader in place until it can break it down and expel it from the body. Think of having a splinter that has to be pushed out of the body as the entry wound heals and removes the foreign debris. The throat does this! My throat does this with nuts. At first I thought it was all seeds and nuts even sesame seed and flax seed, but it is just nuts in my case – walnuts, pecans, macadamia, etc. . After two years of totally controlling, what made its way in I was give an oatmeal raisin cookie made with – you guest it – walnuts. After one bite and a swallow, before I could spit it out, my body started doing its job. By the next morning, I had polyps that are just starting to move after 3-weeks. I have not had a problem in almost 3-years because I discovered the polyps are because of nuts and I steer clear. I gradually introduced seeds to my diet after some careful consideration – No problem with seed. Just stay clear of NUTS and all will be okay, the polyps will be no more, and your breath will smell fresh.

So there you have it, I hope this information helps.

Loading...

You are probably allergic or sensitive to something you were eating. But those "polyps" you think you were growing are called tonsilloliths. A tonsillolith, or tonsil stone, is bacteria that grows in tonsil caves. Even people who have had tonsilectomies get them as there are still tonsils that protrude further--which aren't removed.

Bacteria and food particles become trapped and harden into white rocks that you will fell if you stick your fingers back there. Sometimes they protrude and appear to be polyps. Many doctors don't even know what tonsilloliths are--which is scary, because 10 - 20% or people get these regularly.

Fungi and other bacteria-laden foods (especially dairy) are the root of the problem. Nuts are covered in mold (a fungus) and will definitely contribute to the growth of tonsilloliths. For many reasons, eliminating cow's milk from our diets is a VERY good move in order to maintain good health. Goat's milk and sheep's milk-based cheeses are less common and may not incite the same adverse effects as cow's milk because there are less hormones and antibiotics involved in processing them. Imagine that you have a little rock filled with bacteria, hormones, and antibiotics stuck in your throat for a few weeks. That's poisoning your body slowly. It's safer to allow it to naturally expel itself. Having your tonsils removed is dangerous as the tonsils are a filtration system for toxins and bacteria. When it's gone, you may not get sick as often at first, but later in life you will get even sicker.

The best thing to do is to markedly reduce your dairy and fungus intake. This requires READING about food and checking labels and buying free range/organic/pesticide-free/raw butter, milk, cheese, etc. It sounds like an awful lot of work, but your body cannot be replaced and should be treated with care if you would like to enjoy it for longer.

If you have allergies, please be sure to get the allergen panel done by a doctor. And please remember that intolerances, allergies, and sensitivities are all different from one another.

You may have had both a nut allergy AND tonsilloliths. A doctor and/or a nutritionist should be consulted before eliminating important healthy foods from your diet.
Reply

Loading...

Tonsoliths are not polyps. While it seems unlikely that the polyps were the result of an allergy, they should not be dismissed as tonsoliths.
Reply

Loading...

Ok I was cleaning one of my back teeth and one of those little white rocks went down my throat and is stuck in the back of it, does not hurt but do I need to go to the Doc?
Reply

Loading...

Thank you for the the info. My daughter gets them and we had no idea what they were. She is allergic to fruit but recently we found out about the nuts. We also thought it may have been bacteria, and then I read that it's related to the tonsils. But anyway, thanks again.
Reply

Loading...

I am 21, I have lived with polyps since I was 6 months old. You cannot see them, they are tiny, little blisters that look like bubbles further down in your throat. I have never heard of anyone that has gotten polyps from a food allergy. I've met several people who have the same thing I do. Polyps that grow in your throat, or sinus passage, are a disease that have to 9 times out of 10 have to be removed with a surgery. They cause a raspy, hoarse voice. You just had an allergic reaction. Not necessarily a polyp.
Reply

Loading...