i get these smelly lumps out of my throat almost everyday. PLEASE HELP!!! :-( They are really small but usually tere are quite alot.
I cannot find any info on what these might be. thanx !

I used to get those ALL the time and they smelled terrible! I finally went to the doctor who told me that the condition is most likely related with allergic or chronic sinus problems. Old mucus can coagulate in the throat. I also found that the more dehydrated I was, the more they happened - drink lots of water to get rid of them. But don't worry, they are not harmful - just smelly. anything else you could do.

I used to get those ALL the time and they smelled terrible! I finally went to the doctor who told me that the condition is most likely related with allergic or chronic sinus problems. Old mucus can coagulate in the throat. I also found that the more dehydrated I was, the more they happened - drink lots of water to make them less frequent. You'll have to go to an allergy or sinus doctor to really get them to stop. But don't worry, they are not harmful - just smelly.

I have had tonsil stones my whole life. My mother also has them. Interesting enough I have not had them for probably the last 6 months. The only thing that I have changed is that I am now taking vitamins, drinking more water and have stopped taking my birth control pills. None of these things would typically have any relation to this sort of thing I just thought I would mention them.

MT

Dont worry. i have these little lumps too...i am looking on the internet and i dont see anything to cure them. one here is getting on my nerves it feels like there is a little popcorn kernel stuck on the back of my tongue ! im getting really annoyed and i dont know what to do. IS THERE ANYONE HERE WHO KNOWS WHAT TO DO ?????

They are called "TONSIL STONES" they are caused by left over food debris and bacteria that form inside your tonsil pockets.Solution = surgery a tonsillectomy. I had one myself 2 months ago. ONLY CURE. Go to your ENT!!! I'm serious, it sucks when nobody tells you what it is, just google the term.

My regards
GuestOO7

I'm 33 years old and would get those disgusting "tonsil stones" all the time. I had a tonsillectomy three months ago, so of course, I don't have the problem now. I don't think I'd have the surgery just for that reason, though. I was getting recurring throat infections. But as far as what to do about them, I can tell you what I always did but I don't know that it would really be reccomended. I used a toothpick and would very carefully pick them out. It actually worked very well but you have to be VERY careful and have good lighting. But I do wonder if I somehow caused my throat infections by doing that. Just a thought.

I have found a way of removing the stones w/o impaling the back of my throat . Simply attach a beverage straw to the end of a large syrenge , then CAREFULLY position over stone using a flashlight to guide you , then pull plunger and extract stone . You might want to lightly heat the end of the straw prior to use , in order to dull sharp edge of straw . Always flush unit well with mouth wash after use , or dispose of it . GOOD LUCK !!!! :-| :-|

I'm having the same problems right now. I had the problem when i was younger but didn't pay much attention to it then. Then last week I removed a small tonsil stone and thought nothing about it. Today was another story. I noticed a feeling of having a piece of corn or small object behind my tongue on the left side of my mouth. No matter how much tongue movement I couldn't remove it. Finally i just stuck my finger in there and pushed on the gland(the tonsil) and out came about 5 or 6 water droplet size of those white/yellow bad smelling tonsil stones. I'm seeing an ENT this week and will have more info then as I'm having a swollen throat and constant feeling of something stuck in my throat as well.

if you don't find it necassary to pass a surgery,then ,please,do not torture your selves with all those sticks and sraws.i understand,it might help,but it is too"complicated" and doesn'r cure.
you'd rather try to gargle regularry(once a day for beginners)with some kind of herbal infusion.calmile,with pinch of salt or/and backing soda,lightly sweetened with organic honey, will both cure and clean your whole mouth and throat(it doesn't taste so nice at a first glance,but you don't have to drink it.only sip,gargle and emty your mouth).renown as a perfect bacteria"killer" this herb will visibly improve and strenghten all the tissues in the tract,gums and teeth included,deminnish pain(if an infection is flared)and give no harmful side effects.
the condition itself is not dangerous,but it is a sign that a certain infection might be persisting.beware of your heart,joints and bones(the first to be damaged by infected tonsils).

this is the second time i get the tonsal stones..first time i felt like i had something lodged in the sides of my throat...i wwould swallow and my throat would contract and it felt like the left and right side were touching...so i get a mirror and see what that was...i see a bump much like a really big pimple...with out thought i poked it and white lumpy smelly cunk came out..i was terrified and disgusted.. i got a napkin and wiped my finger...i examined the cunk and it smelled rancid...i still saw i had more...i thought it was cancer..i was like "OH NO...MY CNACER POPPED!!!"...i immedeatley ran to the bathroom and stuck my index finger and scrapped it all out..on both sides...gagging and spitting..i cleared them out....last night i had that feeling again of a kernal stuck in my throat...it brought to mind the unfortunate event...i touched put didnt push the side of my throat and took a sniff...i ran to the bathroom and saw i had the cunk from hell again...i hacked away at it with a peice of TP and took it all out...what i do is take my index finger and push up and as soon i have gag refex i constrict my throat and cough and spit...and repeat untill i have dislodged the cunk...i gurgel with listeren and examine and see if i have remaining cunk...i dont know..just wanted to share my little story :)

i know this sounds gross but has anyone tried drying them out? mine turn to like dried snot, as horrible as that sounds. My profession is biomedical science and that is all it is, the smell comes from the bacteria which is caused mainly by poor oral maintenance, which i have been not doing a lot of recently. Surgery seems a bit extreme to me but if it annoys people that much then kick ass ;-)

I would you review this short excerpt from another site and then go to the source.
Written by Jonathan V Wright M D

Although it's not a common condition, from time to time someone will come to my office at Tahoma Clinic inquiring about alternatives to surgery for "parotid duct stone". These are "stones" which can form in the saliva-carrying duct(s) from the major salivary glands ("parotid" glands, located at the "angle of the jaw"). 3 to 4 drops of SSKI taken in water daily will almost always dissolve parotid duct stones within four to eight months.

Wow! I have had these things since I was a young teen. Now at twenty nine I'm finally finding out I am not the only one to have these. I have asked my doctors before what these things might be and they all looked at me like I was crazy. I found out more info here then I have in the last sizteen years of going to the doctors. So I thank you all.

I feel like i get about one stone almost every day, they drive me crazy. I've been getting them since I was little. I brush twice a day and floss every day so I know I have good oval hygiene but they still stink. I've gotten to the point where I can pop my tonsils like zits, nothing will be showing but I can get a big one out. My doctor has no idea what Im talking about either. I can stick a q tip half way in into the holes they come from in my tonsil. pretty gross huh.