this morning, to top off the previous day's gracefullness, I fell on my *ss on the ice while returning a neighbor's dog.

Right after that my arm went numb and 3 of my fingers are tingling. Will this go away? I'm assuming it's just a pinched nerve.

With all the running injuries collectively on this board I figure someone has dealt with this.

Please advise?

This happened yesterday, and you are still having this tingling.

Could be a nerve

Swelling and/or bruising?

No, yesterday was a saga, but I actually fell today.

My back was just recovering from all the shoveling--it actually felt good this morning.

I fell flat on my butt, but it's my left side that is unhappy.

No bruising or swelling, yet...

When you fell, did you put your hand out to catch yourself? And, if so, how was it placed when you landed?

And yes, numbness and tingling normally indicate some type of nerve impingement.

I was holding a 30 pound dog at the time. Too little to hold by the collar and too heavy for walking on the ice. But his owners told me he didn't know about the neighborhood and tended to bolt (they're new). So, like an id**t, I carried him, he fell on me and I think I landed on my butt then put my left forearm out to cushion the dog's fall.

Sounds like you might have smacked your elbow during the fall. Tons o' nerve stuff passes through the medial side of our elbows. Keep an eye on it and if it's still numb and tingly after a couple/few days, get it checked by a qualified health care professional.

or a volunteer ;)

So Airehead, how's the arm? Any better?

Much better--just a little numbness left! Thanks for asking! :D