I'm a 16 year old male. I decided to shave my pubic hair once. This was probably about 7 or 8 months ago and it was only once. I shortly got ingrown hairs and they became infected, I kind of fixed the problem by popping them and pulling the hair out with tweezers (I know, terrible idea, but i didn't look online for solutions). I don't know why, but they kept coming back and i haven't even shaved since then, and i kept popping them and pulling the hair out. Then, after I searched up what to do with them, i learned that popping them is a bad idea and i need to leave them alone and the hot compress etc. (I can't wear loose fitting clothes because i have to wear khakis for school, but i wear boxers and have tried my best to keep the pants above my pubic region). I've tried all of that and there hasn't been really any new ones, but these same 5 or 6 bumps have been there since about October when I googled ingrown hair treatment. I think that back when i was constantly trying to pop them, (I know, I feel so stupid) I must have caused the bumps to get hard and pushed the hair deeper. they are all separately placed bumps except for this one big bump that consists of like 2 or 3 follicles, all ingrown (It's pretty weird). I have been doing the hot compress once a day for the past 3 days, but I'm not sure about progress. I also put neosporin on them frequently to keep from infection. The bumps aren't that large in height, but they are red and i'm sick of looking at them. I also really dont want scarring. Any other ideas of what i should do about this? I will go to a doctor if it's really necessary, but are there any other ways or should i keep doing what I'm doing?

Sorry for the long essay.

I'm not a doctor, I know a little bit about a little bit though. I would suggest to you a couple of things to try and they may or may not help you.

1. Try combing through your pubic hair before you trim, also now even though you aren't shaving and it would start to pull the end of the hairs away from your skin and at least reduce your problem somewhat.

2. Before and after you shave or trim that area be sure to wash it thoroughly so that there isn't any dirt or anything to get into a possible cut or to clog your hair follicles.

3. Lastly, as when cleansing your face, take a warm to hot damp wash cloth with just water and or rubbing alcohol, and use it around newly trimmed or shaved areas and this will open your pores and the hair follicles hopefully releasing any trapped hairs and  keeping your hairs from getting trapped. Afterwards the use of a light moisturizer is recommended.