If it is a bump to the right side of the left knee or left side to the right knee it can be ur meniscus causing pain. That's exactly what happened to me so it's important you get it checked out if you want the pain to stop.

I read on another page that a guy who had ACL surgery had the same knee crackling/popping when straightening the leg.( I have this too so i was trying to find out why it was happening.) The guy went to his surgeon who said the sound is normal and is caused by tendons slipping over eachother. What causes the sound to be louder after surgery is the lack of fat in your knee.

Okay man mind did it today it kind of scared me cause I'm only 7weeks out of surgery and it started to do that

I am now 8 months post op and feel like I've been through most of the anxiety and symptoms mentioned in the thread. My hamstrings and quads are now stronger than they were pre tear (one of the contributing factors for the tear in the first place) and I have taken some good advice from both friends and physio to balance exercise with rest. To those who have not yet had the surgery, get the absolute best surgeon possible. I have played professional soccer and my surgeon had the greatest amount of experience in dealing with athletes. Understanding the subtle nuances such as tight hamstrings and worn shins can really help him give you the best treatment? Also, you're in for some surprises. 5 days post op I was on top of the world. I could walk a little, wander out for a coffee, etc. then I came downstairs one morning and was stuck for 4 days due to latent pain and swelling. I panicked and was on the phone to the hospital and surgeon himself who was able to reassure me. Mentally you'll be in a tough spot and the reassurance from the best surgeon is critical. For those who have had the op, I would recommend taking as much time as possible. Only stretch and massage for 3 months. No running or dynamic movement that could risk separating the graft (if meniscus has also been repaired/replaced). Use the whole period as an opportunity to re-base. Eat a little healthier, sleep a little more and set some recovery goals. When frustrated and if in doubt, rest, recovery will come. When you're able, do everything a good physio tells you. They know best and have seen hundreds of guys just like you who think they know best. E.g. I now single leg press 150% of my body weight. When I got to 105% I said that's all I could ever do with my good leg. Response - that's not enough. This is just my experience so sure it will differ from many of you. After 8 months I'm stronger than I was pre tear and it's down to good people, good advice and focus. I've been very fortunate in a lot of this. Good luck to you all, Kev

Clicking soud is due to the rubbing of our knee bones with the tendons due to the absence of fat deposots around it which may be removed or diminished during the surgery...nothing serious about it..wait till new fat muscles formed around the knees...i have the same problem..my doctor replied this one...

So here is my question: I am almost 5 months out of ACL, Meniscus repair on both Medial and Lateral sides and a Microfracture on my knee. I was 6 weeks non weight bearing and then I am supposed to start light jogging this next week. I was very aggressive in Rehab just like the doctor wanted and I was able to stop going around 3 months. I workout daily and I made sure to strengthen my legs before surgery and now I am gaining good strength back with muscle memory. 3 weeks ago I was doing the stair stepper for 7 min, the bike for 7 min and walking on an incline treadmill for 7 min. I went about my workout felt fine left went home and cooked dinner felt fine. Then I went to take a shower and I stepped and my Fibular Head below my knee sent a pain across my knee like someone stuck a knife in my leg.
It was pretty sore for a few days and I could not walk with my heel down or I would get that pain. Well after a week or so of ice and rest I started feeling somewhat better. Occasionally it still hurts when I first wake up and start walking but nothing like the first few days. No swelling or pain sitting or standing or even walking up stairs. Just when my weight shifts on that fibular head. Is this normal or what would you suggest I do to help heal this?

Yes I had acl and meniscus surgery about a month ago and my knee does the same thing. It locks up when I am walking and I bend it slowly and it goes away. I don't know if this is normal

1 year back i had my acl surgery still i am doing therapy but i am unable to walk properly and i am getting sound in my knee and little bit pain and swelling.
Could you please someone sugggest what i need to do this to avoid the sounds and pain in my knee.

I'm 4 months post op ACL bone patella bone. When I straighten my knee and then flex I have slight pain in my knee as well as what feels like a delay in movement of the the leg swing. I have noticed that instead of heal to toe stride i'm landing flat footed. It is accompanied by a "bubble" on the lower outside of the knee that "pops" as I bend to almost 90°. If I place compression directly above the knee cap it seems to resolve the issue temporarily. Please help! I miss running and struggle coaching soccer. I was told by my PT that I'm almost a month behind.

Hi, I had surgery last August over a year ago and had strong therapy as well. I also had been working out in a gym doing all sorts of things. Running as well. My knee felt strong. I have had no trauma but now it's crackling a ton an dseems to be grinding ... my muscles are strong but I am having a sharp horrible pain in the very front. I can barely squat. Any advice is appreciated for me too! I can't figure it out.

Yes you can tare the acl and mcl again. I had my first surgery did he say that I would be fine. Five years later I tore my acl and mcl again. I had to have another surgery and they put surgical nilon rope with metal plate and screws and replaced acl and mcl again. I have been having problems with my knee again. So scared I retore my acl and mcl again. So yes it can tare.

I have also the same problem plz help

Hello, how long did it take you to get full ROM back? It has been almost 8 months for me and I am only at 135 degrees when warmed up.

Hey guys need some help. I had acl meniscus and mcl surgery on my right knee. I work at a call center was just sitting working. Out no where pain started and i pulled threw the whole shift. 10pm i couldnt even walk i have a bump under my knee cap on the left. Anyone know whats happening. Cant stand on it or walk really hurts.

Really helped had the same problem need to see my surgeon for the pain. Because i cant bend my knee or straighten it.