On March 2, 2010 I had bunion and hammer toe surgery performed on my left foot, all four smaller toes. I am 2 days post-op and the pain is not as bad as I thought it would be. I read a lot of horror stories and on the day of my surgery I almost backed out. But, then I figured that it would be better to get to deal with it now that I am 23 years old, then when I am older. I plan on having my right foot done in a couple months, just looking forward to being able to wear sandals for the first time since I was young. I was told by the Podiatrist that it would be in my best interest to wear the surgical boot at all times, except for when I go to bed. I have been wearing it even when I go to bed. If you have any questions please feel free to reply. Good luck to all!!!

I just had my hammertoe surgery done also on the 2nd toe on my second toe on both of my feet and I am too doing good. I dont have any bunions. I read alot about the pain some people had after surgery that made me scared. But I thought about it and I really want normal-looking feet. I have never wore shoes that I had to show my feet because I was embarrassed. All my friends have pretty feet and I knew that I had to go through with it. So now the only thing that is bothering me is the bordem lol. I ice my ankles every 30 mins for 30 mins and also keep my feet elevated. I feel nausea from time to time from the medication. But I think that is because I need to eat before I take it. Other than that I am doing fine. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday. Well good luck with everything and keep me posted on your recovery. Oh do you have any corns?