My mum has suffered post pain since her removal of the gall bladder.The procedure was a full operation not key hole.Her stomach swells up on the right and becomes very hard.She is in constant pain and hardly eats.She is on medication for Dihorea.She walks round constantly holding her self under her right hand side.Her consultant just keeps telling her there is nothing wrong.She is constantly unwell please can you help i do not like seeing her in so much pain.
Thankyou

She could have post cholecysectomy syndrome. I would get her to a doc to at least get an abdominal ultrasound. I have that kind of pain and it flares up every now and then, but it's pretty much a constant ache in various intensity. I had a retained stone and duct problems that had what is called "sludge." You can develope gall stones after the surgery, but is rare. Good luck.