Im a 15 year old girl, and i got my tonsils out on monday ( the 25th of July 2011). I am in an extreme amount of pain, and i am just curious as to when it begins to ease! I have tried eating soups, ice-cream, yogurt and all the rest, but it just hurts too much to eat. Anyone who could tell me what the estimated time would be until i begin to be able to eat normally? Its so frustrating not being able to eat! Thanks so much. 

Hi, I'm a 17 year old girl and got my tonsils out June 30th. I was in a lot of pain when my pain meds wore off, but after 10 days I stopped the pain meds. It really does get annoying not being able to eat comfortably, but give it some time and it will get better. I'd estimate a couple more days to a week only from my experience. Good luck! If you have any other questions about recovery, I'd gladly help you out =)

Well i've actually been feeling a lot better! Thanks very much for your reply. Very much so appricated!