Hi. I'm 19 years old and recently got my tonsils out. This is my 6th day of recovery and it's getting some what better. I just hate waking up in the middle of the night and getting an itch in my throat and having to cough it up ... Than the pain comes back. It's getting easier to eat I just hate swallowing. Drink lots of water. Water helps anything esp for the scabs which I didn't get rid of yet. I heard the scab pains are the worst ugh I'm just ready to be back to normal and be working again this pain sucks. I didn't really have a bad experience yet(knock on wood) but I'm sure it will hit me soon): I just wanna sleep normally now but I can't! It sucks only aloud to eat icecream,yogurt,pudding and soup I can't wait to eat like saladworks lol but anyways I'm just gonna be glad I won't have to deal with tonsil stones anymore so i guess it was all worth it.

In my experience, cold things made the pain worse not better. I switched to warm broth soups, warm tea and a heat pack around my neck. The relief was amazing :-)

Omg that's the total opposite for me! I like cold things lol I've been drinking lots of water that sure helps :) did you have your tonsils out? I really want to know when the scabs come out lol I just want to get it over with !