So I am in a predicament. I had intercourse (unprotected and without any form of birth control unfortunately, I know... not smart) with my boyfriend for the very first time on December 27th, the first day of my period. Normally I am 100% regular and on a 30-day cycle, but since then I have not had a period. I have also taken five HPTs, three taken with my FMU and all turned out to be negative. Because I like to know what could be going on with my body, I have been researching my symptoms extensively. I have been having intense back pain that extends through my butt and thigh muscles, breast and nipple tenderness, occasional nausea and dizziness, and switching throbbing pain between my left and right ovaries.  I also recall feeling internal pain as I engaged in certain positions, like me on top, during intercourse. From what it seems like all symptoms are pointing toward the potential of having a cyst, but because I have not had another period since I first had intercourse I cannot be 100% sure. I have been stressing out about this since making the unwise decision to have unprotected sex; I'm only twenty years old and I still live with my mother, who would freak out if she found out if I was expecting. I also must mention that I do not have health insurance so I want to be 100% sure that I need to go to the doctor before making an appointment. What is everyone's opinion on my situation? What should I do?

I read your post and before I say anything I must say that I am not an expert and there is NO substitute for a doctors diagnosis. In saying that..if you indeed had sex on the first day of your period and your periods have been regular, and you have taken multiple HPT's (curious as to when you took the last one though)..I too would lean towards a cyst. As far as a HPT goes, each of them have different sensitivity levels to the Hcg hormone..I found that Web Womb offers the earliest HPT and then it was Early Response. The only for sure, 100% test is to get a blood test and to have a doc examine you. If for any reason you truly think you may possibly have an ectopic pregnancy and you are having pain..you really should go to the ER and get evaluated I wish I could have been more help. I hope it all works out well for you! Good Luck!

I took my sixth and final HPT (I used the brand First Response) today, again with my FMU. As I took it I found that I had a negative result once again, as well as that I gotten my period :))) I'm a very high strung person, so I'm assuming the stress of potentially being pregnant got to me. However, the ovarian pain has not subsided... I plan on going to the doctor sometime next week, after I receive my new work schedule. I've been pushing around my pelvic area, and it seems that there could possibly be a mass on my left ovary, but since I seem to like to let my imagination run away with me it could be nothing. Thank you so much for your response :)

I am happy to hear that and your very welcome! Good Luck!