at the beginning of the month i forgot to take my birth control pill so i took it when i remembered on the next morning. that saturday, my boyfriend ad i were just kissing, we had our clothes on and we never had sex. after we finished making out he reached down his pants and just adjusted himseld really quickly. he never fully ejaculated and the last time he ejaculated was at the least 48 hours before this event. but after he adjusted himself, about 2 minutes, maybe a little longer, he got close to the opening of my V, he didn't go in but got close for like a second. i'm pretty sure his hands were dry but i'm not quite sure and now i'm freaking out that i might be pregnant? could someone please answer soon! i'm very worried that i could be pregnant.

Honey, I know -exactly- what you are going through. I had a similar problem with my boyfriend.. i thought he might have had some under his fingernails -.-;. I can tell from your prose style that you are young yet, and by your question that you received the same B-S health class with the "everything under the sun can get you pregnant" curriculum.

The amounts of stress you're causing yourself would be enough to throw -ANYONE'S- period off. So it is important that you relax. You should know a few REAL facts about sperm cells to avoid this sort of fear in the future.

Spermatazoons are haploid cells ( that means they have 1/2 the chromosomes of a normal cell) and have a thin membrane over their chromosomal sac. This membrane is destroyed by fresh water, and often, by the female's natural defenses.

The vagina is a hostile environment, full of bacteria, acids, and you guessed it- sticky fluids. Your body is a MINEFIELD for a man's sperm. It's like Iwo Jima in there, I'm not kidding.

-becasue out of millions of cells, only a few thousand, in some cases only a few hundred, survive to the cervix... and they still have a ways to go after that!-

A man's "pre cum" occasionally does contain sperm, you're right! but, its a very small number compared to the number in actual ejaculation. if the MILLIONS released in an ejaculation are whittled down by over 70%, immagine what happens to a few hundred!

Your boyfriend got close to your genitalia with his hand, but did not go inside. That's a good thing.. because his "little soldiers" still had to deal with the hostile environment of the outside air, the bacteria on your skin, and then, they would have had to find and swim into your vagina. it is important to remember that these are cells, not thinking, feeling human beings-yet- they'll swim around aimlessly and probably die in a few hours.

Also, If there were any spermatozoa in that pre-ejaculate fluid, even if they did manage to complete that monumental task, chances are your body took care of them for you. 8)

There is a reason they say -trying- to have a baby. Even married couples who routinely have unprotected sex, where there is no "pulling out" involved, have to try several times usually to manage conception!

So to put it simply, your chances of being pregnant are about the same as being struck by lightening walking back to your car... after you went inside the gas station to cash a winning lottery ticket that someone haphazardly tossed out on the pavement at the gaspump you parked at.. I guarantee that you will get your period... it might be a little late due to all the stress you're under, but trust me, you'll be fine. Don't fret.

-K.

I just wanted to say thank you SO much for that, I can't even tell you how helpful it is to actually read those facts and stats...I'm in the same position right now (except I got my period, but still having stomach problems, which is why I'm still freaked out) as the original poster and it's nice to actually have somebody give us the facts instead of just a "yes, you could be" or "no, you're probably not" answer.

THANK YOU!

IN NO WAY AM I DISPUTING THIS I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING SAID. I WOULD JUST LIKE IT TO BE KNOWN THAT I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX FOR A TOTAL OF MAYBE 2/3 MINS. AND IN THAT TIME I BECAME PREGNANT FROM PRECUM... GIRLS BECAREFUL ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.. THINK ABOUT ALL THE CONSEQUENCES FIRST. THERE ARE SOO MANY MORE WORST THINGS OUT THERE THAN GETTING PREGNANT. A BABY IS A BLESSING... HEPATITIS, GONORRHEA, HERPES, AIDS... THOSE ARE NIGHTMARES.

Sure, you can get pregant from precum, but only if the male has ejaculated within the last one to two days, and had not urinated two or three times to clear the passageway.