A little about me. I was a street junkie if their ever was one. I was hooked on H for almost 4 years in and out of the joint. I kicked bundle a day habits in a locked cell with nothing but a toliet. Anyways after countless rehabs I got introduced to suboxone and started maintance. Stayed clean from ALL NARCOTICS for 6 years. NOTHING not even a VICodin or a line of coke. NOTHING. Anways I weined myself down to 2mg and jumped. I believe my tolerance was much higher because I would weekly take an 8mg to catch a free one.

Anyways Im on day 5 of wd's and its been semi-easy. Nothing compared to the hundreds of horror stories that i ve read on these boards. The hardest part is the Jimmie legs and the sleepless days and nights. I have gotten maybe 8 hours of sleep the past 5 days. Tops 1.5 hours at a time. My point of this story is that its do able no matter how long you have been on subs. There is alot of mis-information out there and I wouldnt be suprised if alot of this mis-info is from drug company reps working for suboxone.

As of now I dont have the jimmie legs and the only symthom I have is the insomnia. I CAN"T see the wd's getting worse. I just can't. I have a fast matabolism and felt the onset of withdrawls 12 hours after my last 2mg, so that 72 hour b.s I believe is just b.s. Anyways I feel very confident and believe that this is without a doubt do-able. Im sure I will be up all night long tonight so replys are deff welcomed. IF I can encoruage someone who wants off to get off than I did a job well done.

PS : I also believe tapering down under 2mg's is a waste of time. You are going to go threw withdrawls tapering down. Than go threw wd's when you finally stop all together, so you might as well sh*t or get off the pot. Why prolong the process ???

You have not even started acute withdrawals yet I promise you that. First 2 months are piss easy, this is because half life is holding you out. The real nasty sh*t begins around 1 month, and can last 3 to 4 months of hard acute withdrawals. They may not be bad as full agonists but problem with suboxone is the mental withdrawals can last years..Man you been on them for 6 years? that is bad and dangerous. You may have just destroyed your life, am not kidding ya. The depression will be awful I promise you this. I feel sorry for you man..

What I did was transfer to 2 short acting opiates, and am going to stay there for 2 years to purge out the sub. That is how long it is going to take if you even want to feel semi normal. I was lucky because I know someone who works in a warehouse where they keep opiates for pharmacies. I manage to acquire 2 years worth-that is if I use high doses, but I only take enough to feel good, so that means they can last me 3 years. I am so happy I got these opiates, can mean the difference between a decent life and a horrible life i.e depression coming off subs..Man you been on them for 6 years and I am scared for you...

I guarantee you that you will feel death is way better then going through sub withdrawals and PAWS...I promise you in few months you will struggle. I promise you this..

Ive been threw dozens and dozens of hard core detoxes off H. I know that once you start feeling better it usually never gets worse, unless you start doing what you are doing and going back on drugs. Im on day 6 and actually caught a few hours of sleep last night. I just cant see it going back dlown hill symthom wise. I dont even feel depressed only sometimes and its only because I cant sleep to pass the time. Im up constantly. That too will pass. Good luck in your recovery but I would first get off all drugs first before trying to taper of suboxone. Using opiates to get off suboxone is a bad idea. A really bad idea.

Day 7 and feeling so much better. Its a relief. Got a couple hours of sleep last night and feel great. Still up at 4am but hey if that's the price I have to pay than so be it. After hearing all these horror stories about suboxone all I can say is BUBKUS.

Day 9. Feel great. A little RSL at night and periodically throughout the day. Getting 6 hours a sleep at a clip now. Insomnia getting better. This is doable ladies and gents. Extremely do able. I highly thought there are that many people who have been on sub maintaince for 6 years like me EVERYDAY.. I've been clean from Street drugs and prescription drugs for 6 years. So this sub detox battle is much easier mentally on me. I wish I would have done this years ago. I'm not ready to conquer victory since its not completely over. But its just about a few days until I feel completely free. I will let you guys know. Know one is following me, which is ok. But I truly hope this helps somebody.

Day 10 baby. Feel like a million bucks. Got freaking 10 hours a sleep, unbelievable. I broke the gorilla's back. Symthom wise, I've been doing well the past few days, just feeling sluggish as all hell due to the insomnia. I knew once I got a good nights sleep I would be feeling better. F suboxone you are beat ! FYI, I WAS ON SUBS 6 FULL YEARS EVERY SINGLE DAY, plus jumped at 2 mg. I believe if I would have tapered I would still be going threw withdrrawls for another week or two. I'm ecstatic right now. Good luck ladies and gents, this is deff do able.

I don't know why I keep coming up as a guest. I signed up. Anyways I'm on day 15 today off subs. Day 10 was great. I played hand ball all day and was sore as heck. It effected me day 11 than day 12 I was an id**t and played hand ball again even though I was sore as hell which e3sculated the RLS especially at night. No RSL anymore but . I'm still not sleeping right. The 10 hours I got was because I took a few klonopins before bed. I haven't taken anything other than melatonin since thee night of day 9. The only wd's I still have are diarrhea and sleepless- ness. Also I still have a horrible time getting comfortable in one spot. Its frustrating but got to stick it out.

Joeshmo here : > I will probably come back up as a guest. Anyways its 3 weeks to the day since my last sub. I haven't had much physical wd's the past 7 days or so. But the mental part is getting to me. I feel highly anxious at times and very tired. I have been sleeping but not the kind of sleep I want to have. I never had problems. Still waking up at sunrise everyday. Gotta do this. Cant turn back now. Like I keep posting, with the right attitude subs can be beat. I was on them 6 years straight. EVERY DAY. DID not miss a day except for a few days which could be counted on one hand. Its possible people. Keep your heads up.

Ok tomorrow will be a month off suboxone. It is finally appropriate to say I beat this. Its over. Suboxone I beat you. It was not the easiest thing, but it was far from the hardest. The easiest detox I ever had to go threw. The difficult part is the lingering symptoms after the initial 5 days of moderate withdrawals. It sure is a roller coaster effect. I thought I was done on day 10. I prematurely stated that I had it beat and was done with Wd's. I was mistaken. I was deff done with the initial physical wd's but I still had symptoms including sleepless ness and anxiety. I'm back to sleeping good a month in and the only symptom I'm still dealing with is loose bowel movements. I still don't believe all the horror stories. The detox was longer than I thought especially considering that by day 5 I was past the worst of it. Suboxone deff is a longer withdrawal compared to street drugs, but its like comparing a hurricane to a slow moving storm that just dumps a bunch of rain. Anyways I would love to give some helpful advice to anyone considering detoxing off suboxone. But I'm not getting any responses back. I don't know if the moderators are keeping me off because I have no following or what. But I think this could be helpful and inspiring to anyone looking to get off suboxone after years and years of maintenance. .

How are you today.

Hey Joeshmo,
I'm surprised you aren't/didn't have more of a following or replies. Either way If you do ever see this, it was helpful. This relapse, from opana to subs 4 months clean back to 10 months opana and now just over a week on sub, brought me to your blog. I'm not too worried about beating it thankfully because of you. I hope you are still clean and happy!

JB

never been on this site, so glad I ran onto it. I have been taking suboxone probably about a year about now. I want to stop but I've been afraid to even try. after reading your post I have hope. not sure how to even start? hope to here back from you. Thanks!

Trying to scare somebody pretty much guessing what they will go through?

Been on subs for 2 plus years. Work a full job, and have 2 lil ones at home. I feel horrible after not banging out a sub right when I wake up. How am I suppose to detox when my family relies on me?