I just had my gallbladder removed 2 days ago and I know they fill the abdomen up with gas so they have room to work (i know this because I have had laproscopic surgery before to remove ovarian cysts) with my other surgery the gas started to pass with in the first few days. This hasnt happened yet the gas just keeps moving around and causing pain. When will it start to pass? Why am I so sleepy I sleep in spurts 3-4hours here and there then i am up. the incesion spots hurt off and on. Am I just being paranoid am I making normal progress??

I had Lap. Gall bladder surgery Aug 31, my stomach was swollen but gradually went away after about 10 days. I was given tylenol 3 to take and I took them for 6 days, was able to walk around but was exhausted after any sort of exertion. I had trouble lying down and getting up caused alot of pain in my abdomen. Very sore at my belly button incision and the incision under my ribs. I started eating the day after my surgery, yogurt, apple, digestive cookie, fruit popsicles, drank lots of water. Eating a little more everyday, After the 4th day I started to go for short walks, I have 5 small meals a day, lots of fruits and vegetables. Haven't had any fatty foods. Each day I feel better. I went back to work (desk job) after 2 weeks, and even then could only put in 5 -6 hours a day the first week. Very tiring. Its been just over a month and I still get tired if I do to much and I have to be very careful, no quick moves or stretches. I am quite surprised at how much the operation wiped me out, I am in very good physical shape and I expected to be back to running and kickboxing by now. I have read not to lift anything heavy but nothing to say how long to not lift anything heavy and what will happen if I do? It can't hurt worse than sneezing....