I recently had some heart testing and was found to have mild pulmonary hypertenion at 39 millimeters of mercury. I am 61 year old woman and I would like to know if this is primary and if not could a mildly enlarged heart cause this? How can I stop this now from getting worse? Do I need to lose weight? My doctor did not put me on any medication, should I be taking some to improve this condition. Generally, I would like to know what I should be doing now to help myself improve my condition. Thank You, Anniee5

Older people tend to have the secondary form of pulmonary hypertension. An enlarged heart is a complication of pulmonary hypertension. Grapefruit juice is a natural diuretic that helps eliminate excess water from your body, and reduce the strain on your heart. I recommend two grapefruits or two glasses of grapefruit juice a day. Fish oil supplements will help thin your blood to help prevent blood clot formation. Coenzyme Q10 supplements will help strengthen your heart. Google "clinical studies of coenzymeQ10 on pulmonary hypertension" for more information.