I don't know why, maybe I secretly thought that I'd end up looking like Lyle Alzado (without the green tint) but I've never done chest when lifting. I do shoulders, back, and arms and skip the chest.

But I recently read that I'm doing myself a disservice, and to strength train proportionately I need to add chest exercises. My book gave me 3 great exercises... I did them. I can hardly raise my water to my lips without extreme discomfort.

So I overdid it? It's normal, I just have to deal until those muscles get used to being worked? Any help, anybody?

ive heard that chest exercises are good for women becuase it will keep the boobies perky longer in life...

God, if that's true! Woohoo!!

Yes, you probably over did it. It is the first time you used those muscles that way. Next time go lighter and cut a set off of each exercise. In a week or two you will be used to training. And, be extra perky ;)

Yep, I've done this before too.....I love the chest exercises though, I can lift a lot more weight than I can doing just arms. Bob's advice is good....what others are you doing besides flyes, I assume chest presses and what else? You may want to also try some pushups, even if you have to do them off the wall or from your knees til you can do the regular kind, that will strengthen the whole upper body and make it all easier.