I'm an 18 year old male.

I've recently been trying to bulk up, because even though I'm not too short of a person, I have always been very thin and it's been a problem all my life. I hardly excercise, and I increased my diet to as much protein as I could handle, and try to eat as many meals a day as I can. I've been trying for a few weeks now, but everytime I gain a pound I seem to lose it the following week.

Do I have a fast metabolism? I'm not a very active person.

And how do I make sure that fat spreads out into body mass instead of just making me fat? Should I do weight lifting with my diet?

Thanks for any input.

If you hardly exercise why did you increase your protein? You will just be wasting money by eating more of what you don't need. Gaining weight (muscle) is a long term goal, not something you'll do in a few weeks. Your body can loose or gain up to 5 pounds in a single day so jumping on the scales every day won't really give you a clear picture of what's going on.

For more specific advise, I need to know the following details:

How tall are you?

How much do you weigh now?

Are you willing to start an exercise/weight training program?

How many grams of protein do you consume per day now?

How many meals (eating sessions) do you consume per day now?

Body fat is stored based on our genetic predisposition, there is nothing we can do to target our fat storage or fat burning.

The best way to gain muscle and prevent fat storage is a weight lifting program, not to mention the other thousand benefits you'll experiance.