My wife is 56yrs and has some varicose veins. This past Saturday she had a pain radiating from the lower leg up. She pressed on the pain area close to her groin and kept it pressed until she was able to move again. I gave her a low dose (81mg) aspiring during that time. Would like to know what kind of physician she should see - Internal Med, Surgeon, or Vascular Surgeon. A friend is recommending for her to go to a Dermatologist. Let me know, I just don't want her to be jumping for doctor to doctor. Leg did not got red or cold and this is the second time it happens to her in 1mo.

At this point, I think it is best for her to go to a GP just so that she can figure out what the issue is and then go to a specialist from there. I understand not running from doctor to doctor, but she may even need to see a neurologist--so it is best to see a GP first and figure out what the issue is. What do you think?

Thanks for the response. I have made her an appointment with a GP that has specialist on the same office. Appreciate it.