I am 21 yrs old and I'm engaged to a wonderful man and we've been together for 3 years. We have been trying to conceive for 2 yrs and 4 months. never been on birth control or anything like that. i have very irregular periods maybe like 2 or 3 times a year. last time i got my period was in july 2010. the first 3 years of my period were normal but little by little started skipping periods. We dont know what to do, or where to go for help. Cant even tell our families we dont know how....its sad because we both loveeee children..Please help... :'( :'(

Hi honey! It sounds like you have PCOS - Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome! This causes irregular periods, sometimes stopping them all together - and with irregular periods it is virtually impossible to know when to try to conceive! There IS help for this! What you need to do is book an appointment with a gynecologist/obstetrician and tell them about your irregular periods, then have them do an Trans Vaginal Ultrasound - this is an ultrasound from within the vagina - it gives a FAR better picture! And they will scan your ovaries for signs of any cysts! There are medications and even surgery that can remove these also they will probably put you on metformine or clomide to start your periods again! As soon as this is sorted out, start taking prenatal vitamins - these have been proven to increase YOUR fertility DRAMATICALLY! BUT 1st you need to ovulate and have a period - so the trying can begin! Try not to stress out about it, MANY women have these cysts and go on to have beautiful healthy babies, and you still have age on your side! So get checked out and please let me know what they find out OK? Good luck and good health!

thank you soooo much for ure advice i appreciate it very much!!!! i wish i could skip all of that and just get pregnant already n have my beautiful baby already lol but i know it wont b that easy. but i will listen to your advice and do watever i have to do...thank you sooo much ill keep u updated... XD