Hi there. I am 28 and just had a tonsillectomy and septoplasty surgery on Monday. I am in quite a bit of pain and am not able to sleep well at night. I have been on a strict liquid diet and have been icing my throat. what is keeping me in good spirits is knowing how much better I am going to breathe and feel once this is healed.

My question is, how long does it normally take for one to recover from having both of these surgeries at the same time? Any ideas?

Hi there, I am a 23 year old female who had my tonsillectomy performed on Tuesday (April 28). I am on day 5 post op and am starting to feel a twinge better. Although my ears are in agony! Even when I try to drink, my ears hurt badly (especially my right ear). I was wondering, how is everyone else's voice? I sound like a frog and my uvula is still very swollen. Honestly, the way my voice sounds (not to offend anyone) is like a deaf person. It lacks tone, anything. Anyone else experiencing that? I can honestly say I never thought the pain would be as bad as its been. When is it all over? I would love to eat some food, but I think the meds have tampered with my hunger because I haven't even had a yearning for any. Also when I do try to eat soup, it comes out my nose. Has this happened to anyone else? I noticed the membranes are starting to come off and I even admit to pulling at some. My breath smells so bad and I hate that! I just want to be back to normal again!