Hey. I have a question for you, hope that some cat lover is online now so I can get a quick response.

Namely, I took my cat to the vet the other day and he told me that it would be a good idea to have her spayed. He explained me that there are numerous reasons why spaying will be good for her and her health, so I said why not. So we had that done and she took it well.

When we got home I called my friend (also a cat owner) to come over, and she told me that it is better to wait for Mimi’s recovery period to pass.

Can anyone tell me what is recovery period for cat spay?

I am not sure if you’re asking about what is a recovery period for cat spay as in what does it include, or you’re asking about how long does it last.Your friend obviously thinks that your cat needs to rest after spaying and she is 100 percent right. You need to give her some space. Sometimes after spaying cats need to be alone for a while. They don’t need company. Most important of all, they need to rest. They need to be kept in a nice, pleasant environment and to be checked every once in a while. I hope I helped.

Hey Dalmatian_lover. Thank you for your answer :) .

You did help me since I had no idea that they’re so sensitive.

I actually asked about how long will it take for this recovery period to pass.

So, maybe I got it wrong, my question was how long will it take for my cat to start functioning as before and to be able to meet with other cats?

I’d also like to hear more suggestions on what to do while your cat is recovering. If someone has any experiences with this period after spaying, that would be nice to know too.

Good day everyone.

It all depends on your cat. When I spayed my cat, she was not in pain and the she was recovering for six days. She was lying in the corner all the time so I didn’t have to obligate her to lay down etc.

To cut long story short, I didn’t have any problems with her recovery.

Of course, I think that I don’t need to mention that I was visiting my vet every day for one or two weeks just to be sure that her recovery process is going ok.

You need to be very patient because after spaying your cat is going to be very sensitive and she will seek for your attention.

Hello. Here is the thing. After your cat is spayed she will definitely want to come home very soon and sleep a little bit. When she is at your home, you will need to take a real good care of her. You will need to give her some extra snuggles and love her while she is recovering from this. I think that six or seven days of recovery is not enough. Ten days minimum is needed for your cat to recover from this process. Also you need to keep your cat isolated from other pets during this time. Give her small amount of food and a bowl of fresh water.

Hey everyone.

My all cats are spayed and trust me, it is nothing that remarkable. Most of my cat were young when I spayed them and they were just fine next day. So I don’t agree that you cats require 10 days to recover. But if your cat is older than this process of recovery can be a little b it harder than you expected. If you are planning to spay your cat you should do it when she is younger. If you want to do it when she is older, I am against it. I have learned my lesson that older cats needs lot of attention, pain meds and time to recover.

I support the idea of spaying cats but when they are young.

You’re welcome. I’m always glad to help. :) Well, recovery period is different for every cat. Some cats are good to go after only a day of rest and some cats need a week to rest . When we had our cats spayed, they were ready to play as soon as we got home. And you could notice that they were in pain, but they were still cheerful and jumping around. So we decided to take them to separate rooms and give them space to rest. And we kept those rooms warm and my mom made it very comfortable for them. They were in pain for the first two or thee days. After that they seemed better.

Recovery period usually lasts around six or seven days, it depends on the cat.

I don’t have experience with this cause when my cat was getting spayed I was out of town and my sister took her to the vet to get that procedure done. She was with her during the recovery period too cause I had to work and was rarely home at that time.

But I remember our cat, actually my cat, took it pretty well.

She was grumpy for a week and after that everything was back to normal.

I think it’s like that for most of the cats.