I have noticed big painful bump in my lower back. I can not see it that well, but it is red and swollen. It is painful and tender to touch. I tried to squeeze it, but couldn’t. Should I put something on it? I’m 20, and have never had bumps on my back before.

Well I believe that is not very alarming. It may be fat tissue accumulated under your skin. It may be big pimple. I can give you a recipe that helped to a friend of mine when had fatty lump on his back. Unrefined coconut oil, organic extra virgin olive oil and raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar is taken every day, 2 teaspoons 3 times a day. This mixture ‘eats’ fatty lumps. Hope that this helped to someone.

thanks oddly enough I have read the same remedy on another site...coconut oil and apple cider vinegar

So what is this lump are you sure that it may be fatty tissue because it hurts bad. I have had the same problem now.

sweetie go to the doctors, yes it may be fatty tissue but you could have a boil. fatty tissue shouldn be painful. all you'd need is antibiotics and it will burst itself

Sounds like it could be a pilonidal cyst. They are extremely painful and red. Eventually it will burst but it will take it a while. You can expedite the process by getting it lanced by a doctor or using hot compresses and soaking in a hot bath to draw the infection to the surface. It can be treated with antibiotics as well.

I have a lump at the base of my spine which started out as a slight pain but the next day developed into a red and very painful lump. It is growing larger everyday and is so painful i cannot sit or lie down on my back. It is now the size of a golf ball.

Okay that sounds painful!! I. Know ur trying to avodie going to the doctor but that's your best choice. I belive also putting heat pad on it and later scrambeled eggs on it will pop it. Good luck hope I helped

I love these sites.

I always read this stuff when concerned so figured I best leave a reply.

I noticed a large lump on my back and started to get concerned. Came here and read some of the replies which I found to be very helpful, as doctors are expensive where I live!

Anyway, mine was not the size of a golf ball, but I am very thin in figure (6 foot 4inch and 175 pounds or about 75-80kg if you live in the developed world - JOKING!). It started small but ended up about the size of a grape/. It was there for about a week before it started to get pretty red, with a discolouration on the surface - i.e, not all dark red, some light, some whitish.. After a few more days I thought I had better get my wife to lance it. However, instead of doing this, I had a hot bath for three days straight and after each bath I applied some pressure to the lump - not a great deal but trying my best to do what has been described above as 'compression'.

On the 3rd day I noticed the top layer of skin had started to 'peel' in a small circle, so I figured something was coming up. In the morning I showered and was drying, it felt a bit sore, and when I looked I noticed I had broken the skin (impossible before). It leaked for a good 20 minutes (yes, I was late), and hopefully I have cleared it all out. A lot of oily blood, small bits of puss (yes this is gross but it may help someone like I was helped), more p***y blood, what my mum would have called the 'core' of a boil when we were kids..quite a lot of junk. I was very please.

Hopefully it now heals up and returns to normal.

Ok, there was no vagina blood.

The website just changed the word vagina to vagina. I was using it as an adjective..not the noun..

That is HILARIOUS the website changed that!  I was wondering what in the world vagina blood was in reference to a man's back.

Please pardon me if my question sounds silly, but i do need to ask - the mixture, is it to be applied on the bump or to be consumed orally..? I'll bet it tastes horrid. I have considerably huge, painful bumps on my back, it hurts too much for me to even lie down now. I hope you can get back to me as soon as you can, thanks.

I have the same thing on my back. It's red and painful. What did you do about yours?

I have the same thing a red bump on the top middle of my back in between shoulder blades, tendor to touch and pain when not touching also hurts to bend and move around. It appeared over night, any suggestions of what to do?