I always get tiny red spots on my legs where the hairs have been after shaving. I have tried creams, depilators, waxing, all forms of hair removal available at the supermarket, but it's ALWAYS the same thing. Moisturiser doesn't help either.

What to do???

I used to get the same thing.

It may sound a bit obsessive, but this is how i got them to go away.

- Before shaving (in the bathroom, preferably before you shower), close the door and turn the shower on to get it a bit humid in the room.
- Get your supplies ready and have them organized in front of you: Sharp & Clean Razor; Shaving Cream that has moisturizer in it; A bowl with warm water (to wash the razor off with); Moisturizing lotion.
- Open the shower curtain and sit on the edge of the shower, kinda like you're sitting on a horse with the leg you're shaving out of the shower... and I guess it might help to keep the other wet in the shower so there's no risk of it getting dry.
- Apply some shaving cream to your lower leg only at first, shave using smooth strokes. When you're done with the lower leg, immediately do an about-face and rinse off the excess shaving cream in the shower, then turn around again and put moisturizer wherever you shaved.
- The upper leg is pretty much the same, except the inner-upper leg is very sensitive and you can get a lot of "little red bumps" there. Usually on the lower leg and top of the upper leg you can shave pretty quickly, but on the inner-upper leg, you should be very gentle, and not too abrasive. The same thing applies to washing off.
- Repeat on the other leg.

It's up to you if you want to shower right after. Seeing as how when you shave anywhere, you most likely will take a very small layer of skin off (the cause of any irritation) it may sting a little bit, but it's up to you.

Hope this answered it. :-D

I read an article somewhere that said the red bumps are caused by bacteria getting into the open hair follicles, and the article said to wash the areas with anti-bacterial soap after each shave. I do it every time and I don't get the bumps anymore!
Hope this helps!

Kristina

I get this to: it is actually this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris

unfortunately, there is no cure, it is an extra build up of keratin in the follicle.

Hi:

Here's a simple thought. Could you be applying to much pressure when you use a razor. It sounds like you've got reeeeaaaalllly sensitive skin. That would explain sensitivity to lotions and shaving creams. This may just be your burden to bear. Don't worry, we all have them...some are a lot worse. Could you be shaving, etc. too often? Hopefully you don't have a lot of hair on your legs that grows in quickly. I hope this info helps. It sounds simple, but you never know. Let us know how you end up handling this situation. It's something women deal with daily. Enjoy !

hi as one of above answers suggests this problem is caused by bacteria. there s no help of getting rid of that. but we can decrease the problem by using aftershave products-oil free as well as decreasing the shaving times one of the spots on my leg has been there for about two years! i stop usin epilady n used razor instead the result was better BR o.O :-D

I think changing up procedures really helps. For instance, if you are using an epilady everyday for the past year and experiencing problems change it up. Use a regular razor or vice versa. If you have been using the same shaving gel for the past six months and have problems, change it up and use some other gel or different brand of cream. Experiment with various products and see how it works, most of the time the bumps will go away with added change in current procedure. Best of luck to you.

Hi:
Did any of the posts here help? What have you tried since your last post that is different? What's working for you now? Let me know what you decided to do and how it worked out. Did you end up having to see a dermatologist? If so, what did the doc say? I hope that your skin is better and that you have some answers. After I shave my legs, my skin is very dry and itchy for the next couple of days. So, let me know how you are doing since your last post.

Wow..thank you. I will get some. I thought they were caused by dry skin and itching, or from sunless tanning lotion.

Thanks! For now, I hide them with mineral makeup from loreal.

Also commonly called as shaving bumps, razor bumps occur when the curly hair that has been freshly shaved curls back into the skin. The itchy and stinging feel of the area causes a minute swelling infection that result in red spots that physicians call as pseudofolliculitis barbae. But it does not simply stop there, when the case becomes severe, it becomes a skin impurity called Barber’s rash. In a nut shell, black men and women especially, the people with curly hair are more prone to the razor bumps i.e. razor burns irritations than those who have straight hair.

If you are already experiencing minor razor bumps, start reconsidering the frequency of your shaving routine and follow skin care tips. If you can still carry the personality with little facial hair, then enjoy the new look. It is still best to give your ultra-sensitive facial skin some 2 or 3 days of rest from its regular daily encounter with the razor blade. To serve the better purpose, you may also need to consider using electric shaver on your shaving routine. Similar to the beard trimmer, an electric razor has a subtle control of the shaving so that the skin is not irritated. For the woman on the go, there would not be too much risks of razor bumps since the shaving is only intended to the legs.

Considering the given fact that these bumps are unwanted results of miscalculated angular cut of the body hair with a razor, the physician gives ample advice on how to get rid of razor bumps: to wet the body hair so that it becomes soft in texture and the ideally even cut is achieved. You can either choose to do the shaving session after your warm or quick shower or you can simply put a pre-soaked wash cloth in warm water across your face a little while before you begin with the shaving routine. These combating techniques against the razor bumps are remarkably relaxing in nature. But because they take more time than the usual easy use of shaving cream, these techniques should be done when you are not in a hurry.

The precise technique in the actual shaving strokes also matters. It is always best to use a shaving cream that is compatible to your skin type before shaving for getting rid of razor bumps. Leaving the cream on the area for a minute will set the effect so that the skin is soft and the hair follicles are less stubborn thus the shaving strokes are easier and smoother.

The thing is, my mom shaves in the shower and I'm doing the same.My mom shaves in shower because of sensitivity. So now I've got red spots on legs. Do know how to fix this or is it just the same cure? 

i have red bumps on my legs and inching up to my stomach and my private parts I have red little bumps in sections that have moved up my legs and are starting to make me unable to wear skirts and be comfortable.