My son has just informed me that he has been urinating a white milky looking discharge when he goes to the bathroom. I am lost as to what this could be in a boy. Is it possible that is could be a yeast infection? I don't really know what to do for him. He says there is no pain or itching, it is just there. What could this possibly be? HELP!

do think possible he making semen i know young but do thin going it to puberty sooner then normal. also is your circumcised and is able to full retract it and wish under it.

jsave

I don't think it has anything to do with semen, but i do think that you should take your son in for a check up. Tho there is no complaint from him as far as pain, there could be some serious underlying medical issue. Anytime something out of the ordinary is going on with our children, a trip to the doctor is alway the best advice. It could be nothing but i would sleep better knowing he was checked out.

Also the next time he has to use the bathroom, it's up to you as his mom to see for yourself. He may be a little uncomfortable with you standing over his shoulder while he is peeing, but he is still a little boy. Just explain to him that you are not crowding his space but that you have a concern and you need to see for yourself so that you can tell the doctor excactly what you see.

Could be a bladder invection. Boys don't them often but it does happen. I had one and my pee looked milky, but my main complaint was discomfort.

Yea - I agree that it is EXTREMELY unlikely that it is semen at 9 years old! I agree with bbfeet that you really need to see for yourself. If for some reason he is SOOO uncomfortable to not let you watch, then you could always have him pee in a plastic cup - although at 9 he should be ok with you watching, and you might be able to notice if there is any infection, swelling, or redness to his penis. It does sound like some kind of infection if it is really white - but I am also surprised there is no discomfort for him.

At any rate - the doctor is absolutely in order. Good luck - and keep us updated!

Guest - have you had a chance to see what's going on? Have you been to a doctor? I would love to hear an update about what you found!