Hello! My girlfriend likes shaved penis area as well as the balls, so I have been shaving them for
some months now. Lately I started having small lumps on my balls. Is this the consequence of shaving or could it be something else.

Hi! Yes, shaving can cause small bumps to appear as well as ingrown hairs which can be very, very painful and not to mention razor cuts or burns. You should be careful with this shaving. Don’t touch these small bumps, or try to squeeze them like almost everybody does. In case you start having some other problems you should definitely go to the doctor, first urologist, who may send you to dermatologist and finally you end up with the surgeon. I had this on my groin- makes no difference I am a girl, those hairs are the same.

if you do happen to try and burst them, what happens then. will this result in any problems?

red bumps occur on certain skin when it is shaved

for future referance.....before shaving, soak the area in warm water for a while (this opens up the pores, making the hair come out easier)
Make sure to make the skin tight if possible when shaving so you dont cut yourself

after..... apply some sort of lotion and re-apply daily, if done correctly, this should reduce or elimate red bumps from forming

squeezing is deffinitly not recommended, but nothing serious will happen, it might scar a little....moreso it will hurt......hand cream will make it feel better

Of course popping/attempting to pop can have negative affects. smae problem talked to GP and popping can result in bacteria getting in and annoying infections etc. Dont do it

I have been shaving my genitals for years and years ( i am female). I do also get ingrown hairs but if you soak in a bath before shaving softens the hairs and makes it easier when shaving. Always use shaving cream and a brand new razor every time. Shave with the hair, not against it. And if you do get an ingrown hair, most times you can see it under the skin and can usually bring it to the surface by putting a hot compress on it and lifting it out with a sterilized needle or pin. If the hair isn't visible, put a hot compress on it often over a couple of days or a week and it will usually create a whitehead and surface on it's own. I have had many men shave their entire genitals, including the sac, for years and years and have had no problems long term. Just be careful and gentle with your shaving (it doesn't have to be baby smooth) and if you do get an ingrown hair or two, be clean and gentle when dealing with it. It isn't as big a deal as these people are making it out to be.

The thought of a woolly mammoth in my boxer briefs, noway! Actually, having pubic hair seems so extinct, like dinosaurs.

Of the delights of this world, man cares most for sexual intercourse, yet he has left it out of his heaven. - Mark Twain - Samuel Langhorne Clemens (1835-1910)

If you haven’t tried shaving your groin area, don’t do it. But, at least try it once before you go gonzo on another man’s freedom. Heaven… smooth skin against fine Egyptian cotton boxers, bikini briefs or a ‘real man’s’ thong, feels like silk touching you all day long. No wonder women love to feel smooth skin. I’ve been shaving my groin for one year now and I feel cleaner now than I did for the last 35 years. I no longer feel corrupted by society’s ancient mindset.

Trim your public hair don't shave it. If your scrotum is very hairy trim it as well and if you must shave your scrotum sit in the tub and use a ton of edge gel on your soft and expanded scrotum and shave. As any male knows you cannot shave a "thick" scrotum as when the scrotum is drawn up there are little bumps of flesh everywhere and you can't shave it.

Also, while sitting in the tub you may want to lather and then pluck the hair from your scrotum. Just grab the base skin and gently pull it doesn't hurt at all. But this is after a good long soak in the tub and lots of shaving cream washing and rinsing.

Also use a high quality hair conditioner on your pubes. This makes them nice and soft and silky. A neatly trimmed and soft pubic hair should make her happy.

If your girlfriend has a problem with neatly trimmed pubic hair then it's her issue and tell her to either get over it or go find another boyfriend.

do not shave i used to shave my sak for my girl friend and one of the hairs got blocked when it try to grow back out and became a little pea sizes cyst which i tried to squeez and pinch with my finger to burst it and get rid of it but that only made it worst it grew larger with time until i had 2 have surgery to remove it the cyst was not on the sac itself it was under the skin of the sak internally and now it is 2 years later and if i walk to much or sit on hard surfaces my sac becomes inflamed an cause pain alot of pain enough to have to take 4 pill 500mg each of tyelnol every day im not sure wheer the inflamtion is coming from but it mainly arrives when im real active like walking to much or sittin on hard surfaces they thought i had epidymitis but it ended up not being that and i told them it was not that because it was the actual sac inflamed not the testicle itself so now i live with inflamtion everyday im thinking it might be from scarred tissue or cut nerves because the inflamtion an pain hurts right where the surgeon cut me at to go in to remove the cyst... any ways do not shave to avoid these problems trimm but dont shave trimming still alows a little bit of the hair follicle to be above the skin when u shave the hair follicle may go under the skin an will not be able to grow out than turning into an internal cyst dont do itttt !!!! an stop now if you have been doing itt ..... you have just been lucking out that this has not happened yet key word is yet.. stop now or pay later... just trying to give everyone the heads up so they dont suffer like me

I never shave, I always take my time and pluck.

It is painful, but I like the results!

I have a less than average penis size, so this helps with that as well.

However, I feel that I may be a little fixated about doing this.

Is that healthy?

Why don't you go and get waxed go to a professional salon,

there is also available gels that prevent ingrown hairs, i used it on my bikini line after having ingrown hairs for years and they never came back after only 3 applications

Waxing also distorts the hair follicle and they grow back less and less and thinner. DONT shave makes a mess and can cause serious problems.

I am a beauty therapist and have tried and use all sorts I know what works

I have found no side effects. I read up on the ingrown hairs and how to prevent them. So I did. The area "down there" is now as smooth and anywhere else on my body. It really looks good.

STOP WHILE YOUR AHEAD, I ASK THAT YOU TRIM INSTEAD OF SHAVE, GET A PAIR OF ELECTRIC CLIPPERS AND PUT A PLASTIC # 1 GAURD ON THE CLIPERS AND JUST TRIM ALL OF DOWN THERE THISE WILL LEAVE YOU WITH TINY LITTLE HAIR STUBS BUT THEY WILL STILL BE ABOVE THE SKIN WHICH IS WHAT YOU WANT. SINCE THERE IS NO LIGHT OR AIR DOWN THERE IF YOU SHAVE YOU RISJ EVENTUALLY GETTING IN IN GROWN HAIR THAT TURNS INTO A CYST WHICH TURNS INTO SURGERY WHICH TURNS INTO MOR COMPLICATIONS AND PROBLEMS WITH PAIN. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT SHAVE TRUST ME IT IS TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT.. TAKE MY ADVICE OR LEARN THE HARD WAY TO EACH IS OWN... WELL GOOD LUCK

ive been shaving my scrotum for years now but last year i cut it.

12 months on and where the cut was theres like a small raised area like hard skin about 2mm big it does not hurt but when i shave i sometimes catch it and it bleeds again.

should i be worried?