Hi, a month ago I started bodybuilding. I used some supplements which really made me put on weight. This is very important for my current sport activity. Anyway, as soon as I have gained the desired weight, something went wrong. Stretch marks occurred on my lower abdomen. Can you help me with this problem? Urgent!!!

Hi, stretch marks are the scars on the skin. They are usually formed when you put on, or lose too much weight too fast. This process is causing elevated levels of certain hormones that affect the skin. Under the influence of these hormones collagen and elastin are not produced. These fibers are what keeps the skin tight and elastic. Because of this the skin gets stretched and tears on it appear in the form of stretch marks. When they appear, there isn't much you can do to make them go away. In time the stretch marks will fade and become thinner, but they never go away. I know that there are many creams out there that advertise their efficiency in eliminating stretch marks, but this is not true. You should try some of them and expect to see fresh stretch marks reduce. The old ones are much harder to deal with.