If I retract my foreskin and leave it retracted for more than a few hours, it becomes sore and I have to put it back up. I've never been able to keep it retracted overnight as the soreness wakes me up and I must put it back again. Is this a common problem?

Under no circumstances should you leave your foreskin retracted over night. This could lead to a life-threatening condition called paraphimosis.
You should nicely tuck in your penis in the foreskin and wish him good night! Why on Earth would you want your foreskin to stay retracted anyway?
Here is what it could occur: if the foreskin stays behind the glans, it could be trapped there and form a tight ring around the glans (head). If it stays like this for a prolonged time, it can restrict blood flow to the head and back and the head and foreskin may start swelling. If this occurs, penile gangrene may occur and you wouldn’t want that! Auto-amputation may occur as well.
So, whatever you do with your penis and your foreskin, always put it back in. this way it will stay protected from all the negative influences.

We need to know if the soreness is in or on the foreskin itself, or do you mean the exposed penis head gets sore? If it's the head, you can try a numbing cream such as K-Y jelly, and/or wrap it with a very soft non-abrasive cloth. Try wearing soft briefs, not boxers. Eventually, this problem will pass.

If the foreskin is what gets sore, it may be getting stretched while in the retracted position. This is good, but you may have to keep pulling it forward again to let it rest for awhile. Eventually, this too should pass. Good luck.

hey guys hoping you can help me! I am 18 and i can retract my foreskin no problem both flaccid and erect! i am able to do so from stretching day by day, wank by wank, etc. . .
BUT, when i leave it retratcted for a long period of time, the ridge of foreskin behind the head starts to swell and sorta looks like there's fluid building up (almost like a blister). when i push my foreskin back, it returns to normal after a few hours or a day max! So i think there's nothin to worry bout!
I am hoping somebbody can tell me how to prevent this and how i can keep my foreskin back without this happening?
please help

That sounds very much like a case of phimosis. You would not want to leave it retracted long enough to cause swelling or other problem, but if you keep practicing that, the tight foreskin should gradully stretch enough to allow keeping it retracted for longer periods. Good luck with it.

sounds like what i have but just want to see if you all think so.
when my foreskin is normal there is a soar around the ridge almost looks like it's stretched. when i retract my foreskin it's not to bad but if i pull it tight it's screams pain. any help??