I had surgery for my gall bladder in 2000 and I was okay for the first year or so, now I have had chronic pain attacks sometimes in upper right area of abdomen, (right under or behind ribs for about 5 years.

I had surgery in 2008 and suffered starting in early 2010 with what the doctor called phantom gallbladder attacks. Great sounding name but far from phantom pain. After meeting with doctors that looked at you like you were crazy, I broke down and spoke with a leader of the amish. He gave me live cleanse and when I did it I had 50 gallstones come out of me. I also use something to remove parasites and found 20 large liver flukes. So much of hte pain is gone but  not all of it plus now the fear of how much did the liver flukes damage my liver. Have an appointment with an infectiousness disease doctor in Cleveland clinic in a couple of weeks.