During past several years I gained almost 15 extra pounds. I can thank my stressful work and my inability to say no to fast food an candies for that. But, recently I somehow managed to stop eating junk food that much, and my payment fee just got bigger so I could say that I'm living less stressfully and a bit healthier now. So, I decided it's time for some serious engagement in physical activity. I chose running, because it seems somehow elegant and you can do it solo. So what do you think of running 5k for a beginning?

Running 5k for someone who hasn't had that much experience in physical activities could prove to be somewhat difficult. I recommend that you start with much shorter distances, let's say 1 kilometer. Slowly you will cover greater distances, but this one is quite all right for a start. And it is distance that represents first serious level in professional running. Don't overdo it. You could hurt your tendons, muscles or ligaments, and rehabilitation lasts for at least couple of weeks. Run carefully.