Hi, I have a question about my son. My husband's mother insisted that we circumcise him and my husband agreed with her. After the circumcision was performed, I regretted my decision. My son was in so much pain, it was very hard for me to watch him suffer so much. Finally, when the wound healed, a scar remained. Will this scar go away, or will my son remain scared for life?

Hi, circumcision is a very stressful operation. I am sure that the doctor talked to you about the care you will have to provide for your son, to make sure his wound heals properly. But, as in any other surgery, circumcision leaves a scar. So your son will remain scared for life. However, the scar will heal in time and will be less visible. In some men, the scar is not visible at all. But, on the other hand, there are men who are very aware of their scar and this affects their sexual life. You shouldn't worry that much and hope your son will grow to be a healthy individual.

My sons are now glad it was done, no scarring.