Hi.

I'm a 16 year-old boy. I'm 171 cm in height and about 105 pounds in weight. I'm a skinny boy and i wanna have a better look. So i plan to go the gym to do weight-lifting for 3 days a week. [Monday, Wednesday and Friday] and go swimming on 3 other days [Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday] to make sure that i can get taller. People say that swimming would take a large amount of calories so does it mean that i can't get fatter if i go swimming 3 days a week? So, what if i do weight lifting and go swimming like that schedule? Will i get any result? What food is best for building muscle? Thanks a lot.

If you lift weights make sure to let your muscles rest for a day or two. Work a different muscle group each day. Swimming works almost all the muscles in your body. It's great for all round build.

Simply put, this extra excertion means your body will burn more calories. You will need to eat more, however, you need to stay away from junk foods. In BMT many of my friends ate as many peanut butter sandwiches as they could. (peanut butter is full of protein)

When you slow your work out down you will lose progress. Keep on it.