Hi I'm 16 and 5"6 I weigh 112 pounds I've been in recovery for anorexia nervosa since February I want to start exercising to build muscle but I know then I'll have to up my calories so my question is what is a good way to gain muscle and get fit without burning a ton of calories the places I want muscle is my stomach and arms I don't want my, thighs or butt any bigger though any help would be greatly appreciated ohh and this is recovery on my own so there is no doctor to talk to

I would say start exercising to get the muscles you want. I don't think exercise is a great way to burn a lot of calories. For people who are trying to lose weight the charts they show for how many calories certain types of exercise burn it looks to me like it's easier to not eat the calories in the first place. For instance: if you eat one donut you have to run how many miles? Forget that, I don't like running anyway.

I hope you're not really anorexic. If so you need some professional guidance to overcome that. Please get some help if you are.

Thanks I have been diagnosed just insurance doesn't cover treatment so we're doing it as a family and I agree with you but my mom still says I have to eat alot more :/