Hey im David i am 17 years old and for the last week During Sex for no apparent reason i got a severe migraine out of nowhere it is so severe that to me it feels like a brain spasm as if it is expanding but has no room i feel like ripping my skull off.medication dont help i tried excedrine migraine and 800mg ibuprophin i also have been going through alot of stress but why would it only happen during sex? i also worry because my father had an annurism in his late 20's could it be an early sign? just stress? or something else? should i be worried? what can i do to treat this problem because it is ruining my sex life? it is a big concern for me because i am not weak i can take pain but this is a whole other story.PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

I see that nobody repleid to you since january...

Well because nobody knows.

I have been experiencing exactly what you have been experiencing.
It is going on for 2 weeks now.
It is a terrible pain and it occurs only during intercourse.
The pain is like pulsations in accordance with the rythm of my heart beats.
it is so intense that I have to lay down right away and the pain goes on for 3 or 4 hours. No medicines can help.

I am 35 years old and never felt such migraines before.

i have seen 4 doctors and none of them ever heard of such symptoms.

What is this ?

Can anybody help.
How long will this go on?

I have been dealing with this same problem on and off for a few years. It feels like my head is throbing to the beat of my heart. The possibility of an annurism has also crossed my mind. One session my spouse and I thought that I might have been on the verge of having one. It hurt so bad I could only pace and hold my head. It hurt so bad I could not talk or at least it hurt to talk. My spouse was in tears.

I am 30 years old and overweight. I do not get a headache ever time, it is random. The older I get the worse my allergies get. We have noticed that it happens around the same time my allergies flare. I can not confirm this but I am not one to go to a doctor, pay lots of money, and still not have any answers. I hope someone can give you answers but I wanted to let you know that you are not alone and share my experiences with someone who suffers from the same problem that I am having.

**edited by moderator**

Here is an article that I found from CNN. http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00645.html

Wow this is so interesting to hear.. I am a female and i am goin through the same thing.. What is goin on and how in the world do we stop it? When mine happens i can't breath, it feel as though i have to vomit, i get hot and my throat is dry.. I take two tylenols and with that i have to have something COLD to drink.. when i get my self together as much as i can I just lay there and pray to GOD to take the pain away.. When i get to a point where i can take the pain i end up just nodding off and going to sleep. When i wake up the next morning i dont have a migraine but i do have a headache.. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US!!!!

Hi all,

Sorry to hear that you suffer from this. I can relate as I too during sex suffer from an incredible migraine. I've done some research and it seems we suffer from Coital cephalalgia or Sexual Headaches. Type this into Google and there is a small amount of information available to you.

Unfortunately I have not found a definitive or rock solid answer that makes me feel comfortable that I can or cannot treat this. Knowing that I will have to live with Sexual Headaches for the rest of my life and thus take the neccessary precations when before sex is far better than hoping and praying the next time I have sex my head isn't going to explode.

If there is anyone out there that knows anything regarding these Sexual Headaches please shed some light on the matter!

I suffer from these as well. I have noticed that I only get them when I'm dehydrated. Many allergy meds will dehydrate you which is why the JMann only gets them when his allergies are bad. Good luck.

I get them too.. I had them in the past, years ago, and they went away, but now they're back. They're totally crippling and extremely painful. I now don't want to have sex and can't masturbate either. My doctor ages ago mentioned 'cluster headaches' but I'm not sure if she was right.

Hi to all..

Im 30 now but had the same symptons when I was 20. Straight after orgasm experienced pain like Id never felt before and all I wanted to do was remove my head from my body. It too included headaches and feeling sick but mainly extreme migraine symptons lasting from 5mins to an hour.

Eventually I went to the Doctors who prescribed me with Half dose Beta Blockers. These are normally used for high pressure but I was perfectly fit and healthy at the time. I believe at the time it was caused by stress of my lifestyle - an awful relationship I was in at the time. The beta blockers solved the problem straight away and then I decided to change my lifestyle. Went travelling around the world and all together chilled myself out.

Since then I have never experienced the symtpons again.

I hope this helps someone out since I know the pain and stress it causes.

Ewan

You know what, It just means you don't have a good sex partner or she would know how to take care of it for you, I am 18 and my Wife knows exactly what to do to stop it after I get one of these migraines, Their called Adrenaline Migraines, You get them from having the best orgasm you can get, Now, Find a woman who knows how to calm it down like mine and you'll be ready to go again and again and again.

I can't even explain what she does, But she has magical hands and it makes the pain go away.

I got the fright of my life when it happened to hubby last night. He's not overweight, or stressed; he's 40 and awesomely happy and healthy ... I hope to convince him to go to the doctor (what is it with men and doctors ..?).

Anyway, I found this link and thought I'd share it with you. Perhaps you might find it useful:

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Good luck and feel better soon!

Hello, I am a 38 yr. old woman and have just started experiancing the same symptoms ... Mine is ONLY when I am on the top position ... I start to feel like my head is in a vice, i want to vomit, I get shakey and it is horrible, lasts for three to four hours.

i used to get the same type of migraines during sex when i was 19. it always happened during climax. i think it was because i was given wellbutrin to help me quit smoking. a few weeks after stopping the medication, the headaches stopped.

I am 35 yrs old and had this happen twice in the last few months. I am healthy and a Pure Romance consultant. The pain is so intense and debilitatingthat I just want to cry myself to sleep or as others have said just remove their head from their bodies. I am very scared to engage in any sexual activity with my husband for fear of it happening again. I worry about annurisim or heart attack symptoms that can be similar to these. Please someone help us with answers!!!! I am going to ask the doctors/sexologist on staff with Pure Romance and see my doctor. Will post more if I can get some answers.