My family puts me down and make me feel horrible to the point where I feel like killing myself, I know thats not the way I want to go and im not being an overly dramaticy teen. My brothers are..... ehhh dealable but others they say things that hurt me and laugh at my imperfections. I know im not perfect but they make me feel like gum on the bottom of thier shoe. Telling me I'm a mistake, (My brothers are alot older than me) I'm s**m, posting on facebook when i get a bad grade and laughing about it with their loser friends, make fun of what i wear that i shouldnt be whereing it because I look like a "Fat s***".When I ask them a question and I dont know they are mad they yell and scream at me and say "f*****g Fugly Fatt f**k" needs to get a life, in public places even picking me up from school. When I dont have time to do my makeup great, my brothers will say things like "Learn time to do my make up you bithch" "Where the hell do you think ur going?? You dont have anything to hide that ugly face!!" The worst part is my parents dont do anything about it. I dad brushes it off and doesnt care. I swear my dad hates me. He will take their side and laugh with them. One time he actually admitted the he wished my mom never had me, that he only had the 2 boys when he was drunk. But then comes my mom. I'm always with my mom But most of the time I dont want to. If I do one thing my mom doesnt like, she will go pycho. For example, I will be stuck home on a Sunday after working friday night and saturday doing all my homework when she says we are going out. When I say I have homeowrk she will throw all the things on my dresser on the floor and start yelling. I hate when people yell because my ears are very sensitive so I'll start crying. Then she will make fun of me saying "Oh look, the effing baby's crying. Get out of my house you ungrateful nothing!!!", "You worthless piece of sh*t!!!" Then she will trash my room and I'll have to clean everything. Hang up all of my clothes again, Hang my tv back on my wall put the curtiens back on and clean up the broken bulb on the ground. . I'm too scared to cut my self or hang myself. But if my parents had ever took the time to teach me how to swallow pills I would be long gone I know to some people that i sound like every other teen on the planet but I just want some to tell me that maybe one day in the future my family will actually say the words that I have been waiting to hear for 5 years. "I'm sorry"

Your story is incredibly moving and ihave thesame sort of problems but not as advanced as yours, i come from a big family(one of 8) and two of my brothers are a lot older than me. I think there only trying to annoy you as many siblins try to do. When you say that you sometimes feel like killing yourself you should think of everyone who would miss you if you were to go and do that. Trust me, your family would mis you the most! Perhaphs you should try and have a family meeting where you sit everyone down and explain to them how your feeling. Keeping a diary also helps. I hope this helped you :)

i to have suicidal thoughts everyone has problems but no mater how the horrid attempt's others make to try to cheer u up by saying others have it worse than u (that c**p never works no one ever use it) remember no problems less than another to get over this take a duty swear an oath to humanity vow to make it better where this wont happen and by committing your self to such a noble cause think that the good u do will for ever overpower the evil done to u just as a dim candle will cast out all a rooms darkness but no small amount of darkness can overturn the light

Your mother sounds awful and shows behavioural signs of alcoholism. You sound delightful and as a member of the human family I hope you find the strength to believe in the wonderful being you are.

this is MOTHERRGODDESS....SO SORRY,to hear this please see my reply oost to "" i am a 13 yr old girl who bites herself..>..

.if you then wish to contact me for further communication you can gree to be . a > friend......blessings..the answer is coming ....

Temporary stress relief: Clean a stick, dull it out, keep it short, knaw on it like a farmer to a wheat stock. Keep well hidden. It'll be good till you're two years into collage, given you don't lose it first. consider me moved, by the way. That's really hard to do... Where most things poke my face to a different direct... But this kept my attention REAL well. Now for my arrogant anger to show through unnessicary hashtags...
#PoorParents
#LameLawEnforcement
#Agression
#HatersAreHating
#GetToDaCoppas
#UnderAppreciationToTheOverworked

please contact me ...THERE ARE WAYS TO GET OVER SUCH HORRIBLE THINGS....I KNOW THAT I HAVE....the answers exist,no matter that most do not know or understand......please if you wish ,accept meas a friend and we can then communicate...i have 5 kids.....my mom was friends wit john lennon and learned a lot about love,harmony and peace...( which is how life CAN ) be....i await your message

welcome to my life....my parents are the same way....and I have a older brother and two younger sister.....my dad is physically and mentally abusive....so yeah..anyway I got tired of it and i ran away for 4 months and now I'm in cps custody because I turned myself in and they didnt wanna come pick me up.....so I understand exactly what your going through and i really hope you stop feeling that way........i felt like that all the time when i was there and now i finally stopped thinking about killing myself. God bless you and i hope you are safe....

I used to feel the same way hun , but i soon learned to dont do nothing but focus on my education then i can be something while the people who are putting me down will stay down and i will move up so think about the future and keep your head up hun message me anytime i will supoort you

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your horrible family. I myself have been mistreated by my family, and I can understand what you've been going through. Most people have no idea what I would put up with at home. Usually everyone would see me as a straight A student and very popular with lots of friends around me. Litle did they know that school was my safe haven, I dreaded the idea of having to go home after school. School was the only place I could pretend to be happy and forget the hell that was waiting for me at home... I have heard my hole life that I destroyed my mothers life, That I am the reason she is so unhappy, and that I was a unwanted child. I've herd somany things that no child or adult should ever have to hear. Over the years it was pretty obvious that my parents Favorited my younger Brother over me, doing and saying things that I am not even going to mention because it will take me forever to to write it all. Long story short no matter what I did I would still be the black sheep in the family. Suicidal ideas have came and gone many times and yet I stand up high.

I agree with what "yahnababyee" commented a year ago:

"In reply to theunknowngirl on 2012-12-13 - click to read
I used to feel the same way hun , but i soon learned to dont do nothing but focus on my education then i can be something while the people who are putting me down will stay down and i will move up so think about the future and keep your head up hun message me anytime i will supoort you."

That was exactly what I did, I finished my schooling and left home as soon as a could. I am know living with a man who loves me unconditionally and treats me with respect. :) What I suggest you to do is to talk to a teacher that you trust or any other adult and let them know what you feel, seek help from a professional to help you deal with our feelings. I am in my early 30's and still suffer from all those years of being repressed from my family, DO NOT KEEP THOSE FEELING LOCKED INSIDE!!!! It will haunt you the rest of your life!

im so sorry about ur situation our moms are a lot a like and i have a brother who acts the same way however i was able to find some positive thins out of the whole situation please contact me so that i can talk about it with you and hopefully you will listen to me ive never had anyon edo that for me so please it would mean a lot

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Darling This is not good . I went through a very similar abusive relationship in my family My parents were separated Because of domestic violence however they were both equally irrational And They Used me as pawn in there court battles against each other I didn't fall for it like my two sisters It wound up that cause I wouldn't take sides I have no bond with my parents my eldest sister has my father and my little sister my mother I was Made responsible for my little sister who is seven years younger I was shouted at Wasn't allowed friends And all sorts of nasty . I went on to meet my husband who also became an abuser to me and my kids. I fled domestic violence and soon realised that I was conditioned by my own upbringing of abuse and fell into the same trap that was until I woke up and realised That I was not going to allow my children then same I have had them on Programmes For domestic violence And the affects And taught in schools As well as going the freedom programme And other self help . What I see with your situation Is Similar. Don't suffer in silence because you can actually Help yourself and maybe family perhaps you all need family Councelling And any other help Anger management etc . Is there anyone you trust to talk to who can help you . Please be strong you should not be feeling this so young as you have so much to live for and experience Don't let this damage you darling xx xx

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. you're family members sounds like angry sad people and they take their rage out on you. keep your head down, study get good grades and get the f*ck out of there. they also now even offer aue pair jobs around the world and you only have to pay for a small portion of the flight and live with the families, they normally want to have a good relationship with you too b.c you would be watching their kids. don't feel stuck, good things come to those who wait. I lived through a very neglectful emotionally scarring childhood as well, I didn't have the attacks on my appearance the way that you do but it really sounds like they are sad small minded people. I too was the youngest and was told from a young age I was a surprise and my sisters would make me feel terrible about it. my parents used to make decent money and then didn't and said the year I was born was the everything went to sh*t (nice huh?) I'm not trying to make this about me but you are not alone (unfortunately).

Look, the same thing happens to me, so I know what you're going through. My plan is (when I'm old enough) to move out and go and see a psychiatrist and she will help. Don't give up hope. You sound like a lovely girl and I hope you fulfil your dreams :)

That's awful. It's not normal for families to treat each other like that. I think your brothers do this because they think it's entertaining to get a reaction out of you and they don't know any better. Your parents sound like they have issues of their own that arent about you. They probably know when they're acting like bad parents. 

You need a cheering section. It might help to focus on the people in your life who are on your side -- maybe other family, friends, friends' parents, people at school, at church, or somewhere else. Think about who really like you and want you to do well. Contact those people and tell them what's going on and ask them for some ideas. You can also pursue some things that help you cope, improve your life, and give you a caring support system. Like maybe take a class, join a club, or go to the library. Just seek supportive people and places.