Alright. I am 19 years old, freshman in college, and running cross country. I ran xc and track all through high school, and was at a point where I weighed around 135 for a year or two, then I let myself go after xc season. Got to college xc, and I know it takes time, but the weight isn't leaving at all like I thought it would. I try to eat less, and run hard, but what I want most is to be in the shape I used to be in, and lose the weight that I gained in the off season, around 20 pounds. Any advice on a different take on training, or what I can do in the upcoming off season to make my self better and to shed this weightwould be very welcome, and appreciated. Thanks!!

Hi Swolk22,

Several years ago I used to invest in a personal trainer, who told me that even with the right diet and exercise, I wouldn't be seeing the real weight loss results of my fitness/diet regimen until about 10 months from the start date. Everyone is different, but I'm guessing that healthy weight loss is a slow process. This is what happened with me--after about a year of exercising regularly (gym, running, walking) and following a balanced diet (mostly fibers and protein) I started to see a slimmer body...

May I ask what your diet's like and what you usually eat on a daily basis?