I have shin splints in my right leg only. My uncle who is a avid runner told me to suck it up and just run through it. I think i have it because I have flat feet. I did notice wraping my leg during the day and also icing it up at night helped.

any suggestions? I really caint STOP running.. I need to be ready for a physical that is super important.

I have suffered from them on and off with my right shin this spring/summer as well. I still tend to get sore and have to stop in the middle of my runs to stretch. When the get really bad, I have to stop running altogether. I was able to use the elliptical machine though and it keep me occupied while my shins healed.

One other thing I might recommend. Make sure your shoes are ok and not too old. When mine start to "give", my shins start to hurt. That's been my experience. So, check your shoes.

REST, ICE, IBUPROFIN, and MORE REST.

Good luck. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Just don't push it. I would not go on your uncles recommendation to "suck it up". I'm not sure how you could? My pain is always so excrucitating that I can barely walk let alone run.

:D

I had the exact same thing....in the right leg only. I went through a period of about a month where it was getting really bad. I cut my miles down by about 20%, avoided hill and iced after the runs...until the paint stopped occuring. Now i just spend a good 10mins b4 my runs specifally streching my legs and spefically my calfs....and i dont get splint anymore.