I belong to a couple of parenting forums, and they are more natural minded than your average group of people. I am forever reading threads about food additives and the way they affect kids (and adults too, I suppose, but that isn't the focus of this forum!). I was wondering if any of those theories were proven? What are the established side effects of food additives?

I know that I break out in hives whenever I use anything with food additives in it. In this day and age, food additives are a very difficult thing to avoid altogether, so I often have a skin rash. But I do try and stay away from food additives, because my body is obviously telling me that they are not good. I don't know if that has been scientifically proven, but it is certainly true in my case.

Eat foods that don’t harm your body. Eat fresh foods instead of processed or canned foods. Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating. Drink plenty of water to detoxify your body. Consult the doctor if you develop allergy for specific additives.