Hi everyone.

I got a cat for my birthday from my boyfriend. I named her Reina. :) I am so thrilled because I have never had cat in my life. I think my boyfriend will regret he bought me a cat because I will totally neglect him now. :D

I don’t know anything about feeding cats and I really want to feed her the best way possible. To be honest, that is the reason I am writing this post. Can somebody tell me what is the healthiest canned food for cats? I don’t care about the money and I will pay as much as needed to buy a healthy product.

Hey. Pet is always a great gift :) My mother has a cat as well, and I know that she tried a lot of different canned foods, that are available on the market. But lately she is thrilled with nutro max adult lamb and turkey cutlets entrée chunks in sauce. This is a food with selected ingredients and there are a lot of vitamins and minerals that you can needs for its health. It taste like real chicken and it provides rich source of Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids to help provide glossy coat, nice and soft skin.  

Hey. Good choice! I tried this one and my cat is really satisfied with it. Also, her coat is much shiner. It is great for the beginners as well. There are so many canned foods on the market, and you really have a great choice. Everything is OK, but I prefer Purina pro plan beef and chicken entree. I think that this canned food is top rated as well. There are a lot of nutrient, vitamins, minerals, it is definitely better than Whiskas. Amazing and healthy ingredients, such as chicken, wheat, beef, liver and soy protein concentrate will give a lot of health for your cat. You can try this one. That is something that I would recommend. 

Hi.

I totally understand your happiness. I was also thrilled when I got my cat and I still am. :D

Cats are so adorable. I play with him all the time. I am also very careful what I’m giving him to eat. I prefer homemade foods but I also buy some canned foods in local supermarkets. He is not too picky and he is easting almost everything.

There are some products that I can suggest you. They are maybe more expensive than other similar products but I don’t care. Some of the products that I am buying for my cat are: Feline’s Pride, Taste of the WILD and Hound & Gatos (salmon).

Thank you all so much. I love to exchange experiences with other cat owners. When I have a problem with my cat’s health, talking with other pet owners is sometimes much more useful than actually going to the vet.

I tried some of the foods you mentioned.

@rubylock I also prefer homemade foods but I got this new job recently and it requires 10 working hours in the first month or two. Can you imagine that? I really have no time to prepare food for my dog nor myself.

If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know. I’d love to hear them.

You are lucky because you don’t work at home. If that was a case, you would regret having a cat. She will be all over your keyboard and in front of monitor 24/7. “Why do you pay much more attention to that thing than me? Obey me, I am your master!” :D

But that is a “problem” just in the beginning. Soon you will love your little friend veeeeeeeeeery much.

As for food, just go with Nutro max and you won’t make a mistake! My kitty is enjoying in it for a quite long time so we don’t have reasons to switch to another food. 

All of those products are totally OK, because I had a cat when I was younger. I was feeding her with some of them, and I remember that I asked my vet about this, and he told me that this is totally ok, that those are healthy products. I was using Purina and Nutro Max, and my cat’s coat was really nice and she had a lot of energy.

I have heard that there is some new brand of cat canned food, but I don’t remember the name. I was wondering, do you know anything about this?

I would like that I can remember the name…

I like to give chicken meat-based cat food to my little pets so I feed them with Wellness chicken canned cat food and Newman's Own Chicken and Brown Rice.

Wellness is a bit pricey so I recommend buying can or two before deciding if you want to feed your cat with it. But, it is high quality food which is really great for your kitty.

As for Newman’s, manufacturers are saying that their chicken are fed a 100 percent natural all-vegetables diet without antibiotics. My cats very much like the taste of it. And I like the fact that brown rice is one of the ingredients as it helps cat’s digestive system.

Hi everyone.

Cats tend to be very picky when it comes to food. When they get used to a particular type of food, they hardly accept any changes.Usually, every can has a different taste when it comes to food, that’s why it’s very common that two cats of the same breed don’t like the same food.The food can be of a very good quality, but if your cat decided that she won’t eat it, she won’t eat it.My cat is a little more complicated than the other cats. The only type of canned food that she wants to eat is Feline’s Pride. And I’ve heard that it is very healthy.