Hello.

Yesterday I met this lady at the supermarket. I was going through some instant meals and was about to buy some beans for my dog since he always stares at me when he sees me eating it. This lady started commenting on the price of these meals and we got chatting. She told me that I should definitely change the way of eating for both me and my dog. Since I was buying food for my dog at that moment I asked her for a suggestion and she sent me to the shelf with organic canned dog food. I took a can, but when I got to the cash register I regretted it. Why is organic dog food so expensive? Can you tell me what are the pros of this food?

Hello, my friend.

I’m not fond of canned food as I think that nothing can compare to the homemade raw food. I admit I sometimes mix raw food with canned, but I try to avoid that.

Also, I don’t like “organic” food which is “much healthier” than “regular” food and therefore more expensive. The manufacturers claim that this is because organic ingredients comply with rigid government standards which restrict the use of any synthetic herbicides, insecticides, pesticides or hormones. Frankly, I don’t believe in that and I think that is just a big hoax.

If you ask me, I would skip organic canned food, but wait to see what others are going to tell you.

Hello everyone. I think that I can’t talk that much about it, because I think that everybody in here already know that I am for raw, homemade food. But, I am not against canned food, only if that is necessary, only if something has happened and you need to give your dog canned food :) About your question, I don’t think that this food is healthier. Actually, I don’t agree with that conclusion. You can read that pros are because it is organic, grain – fee and meat rich, no recalls etc. But still, I believe that this is not enough :)

Hey there. I would not mind giving my dog canned food sometimes. I don’t know why, but I think that organic canned dog food have some benefits. I believe that there are a lot of pros, and cons as well. First of all, I think that this food is really good quality. I think that this food can help your dog immune system to be better, that digestive system of your dog works just perfect. My friend Nadine was giving only canned food to her dog, and he is healthy. He has really beautiful skin, coat – he is really good looking. I believe in pros of organic canned dog food. 

So you’re suggesting that kibble is also better than organic canned dog food? 

I’m on board with the fact that the best for our dogs is to eat a healthy , balanced, raw diet. But not everyone has the time nor money to buy and prepare raw meals. 

Ok, maybe organic canned food is not much cheaper (it can actually be  very expensive), but it is much less time consuming to feed your dog with it, and you will still be providing him with some quality proteins and organic meat that is free of synthetic supplements and pesticides. 

I love organic.

@Mia I couldn’t agree more. Organic food is known to be the healthiest option, all around the world. I read tons of articles about it and I also have a sister who is a nutritionist and she keeps bragging how important it is for both humans and animals to eat organic food.
I believe that many diseases appear as a result of us choosing price and flavor over health.
Of course that organic food is more expensive. It’s because it is not treated with some cheap methods that are supposed to prevent it from spoiling.
My vote goes for organic too.

It is true that organic food is more expensive, but it is healthier than some other foods that you usually give to your dog. I can’t say which one is better, but I can say that I think that organic food has all that your dog needs – health and a lot of benefits, not the flavor. Sometimes we let our pets to decide what they want to eat, and of course, they will choose food that taste better. Sometimes, we need to choose alone, and the most important thing – please, read the labels, read the ingredients. It is healthier than some other foods, that is true.  

Yeah, but we’re not talking about organic dog food here. We’re talking about CANNED organic dog food.
My dad has a farm and he sends me organic food so I don’t have to buy those toxic things from the market.
I love organic and I will always be eating only organic foods. The same goes for my dogs.
I prepare them raw food meals from organic food that my daddy sends. But I would never buy ‘’organic’’ canned products.
You never know what you ‘re buying when you take those products. You don’t know what supplements they use and usually you can’t even be sure that what’s in that can is actually organic.