Hello. My friend and I are having some doubts here. We both have large breed puppies, we let them hang out and play together all the time. We both started feeding them with raw food but it’s getting too much time consuming. Just now, she came to me for a cup of coffee and we ended up preparing food for Lulu and Bruno since they were staring at some plate they saw on the table. We are now considering buying canned food for them from now on. What do you think? Do you feed your dogs with canned food? And can you tell us what canned puppy food do you give to your large breed dogs?

Umm… you feed your puppies with raw food? Are you sure that’s safe? :/ 

I could never do that. I’m too scared. :/ They have very sensitive bowel and their immune system has just started forming. I think that bacteria from raw meat could seriously damage their health.

I think it’s a great idea to switch to canned food at least till they are fully grown and then later you can try switching them back to raw. 

If you are asking for a specific brand, I would suggest  NutriSource Large Breed Puppy. It’s very healthy and doesn’t cost much too. You should try it.

I think that raw food is safe :)

I didn’t feed my dog with raw food at the beginning, but I think that it is safe totally :) Maybe I am wrong, so please correct me :)

About your question, I vote for ULTRA large breed canned food, because there are a lot of benefits as well.

Skin is much better, coat is amazing and shiny, and muscles are really strong. Also, ULTRA can help your cat to have stronger immune system and your dog brain development is guarantee. Joints are also healthy.

This is why ULTRA is definitely my choice.

The best :)

Hello. I don’t give my dog canned food. I did at the beginning, but I don’t remember which one. I didn’t feed him with canned food for a long time. My mom is feeding her puppy with canned food. I don’t know is this true, but she told me that there is no better canned food than Canidae. As far as I know, this food is formulated for large breed puppies, who will grow to 50 pound or even larger. This food consist high, quality chicken and duck, and those are signs of great nutrition as well. Low protein and fat level will help your large breed dog to achieve and maintain optimal weight. 

Hi

I totally agree with the posts above when it comes to importance of quality foods for puppies. I mean, they are so small and sensitive. You mustn’t give them anything. They must eat just high quality foods which will help them to develop big and healthy.

Anyhow, I used Evanger’s dog food when I had puppies. I strongly recommend this brand because it is really amazing. This company has very long tradition and it is one of the favorites in every article about canned foods for large breed puppy I have read.

It is made just from natural ingredients unlike some other canned foods and my dog adored it.

Hey there.

Puppies are so small, so sensitive, so cute, and you really need to take a good care of them. It is really important how to feed your puppy, and what kind of food you should give them. It is really important.

Sometimes, I am giving my Boo canned food. When I do this, I am giving him, sometimes Ultra, but more often, I give him Canidae, because I found this food really good. It is formulated for large breed puppy, and they use high quality chicken and duck. It is for great nutrition.

Also, low protein and fat levels can help your dog to be healthy. 

Raw food has some risks even for adult dogs. You can never be sure about what it can do to a small, sensitive, little puppy. I don’t know who told you that it is completely safe, but you can trust me.:) I have probably read more then a hundred articles about dog nutrition and I have a dog on my own. You need to cook meals for puppies.

And as for the canned food, if I were you I would go with Precise Holistic Complete Large /Giant Breed Puppy. It’s great and I see people with large breed dogs use it all the time. 

Hi all. I have a lab, I don’t know do you count labs as large breed dogs but mine is enormous. When he was five months old I remember I took him to the vet because of some rash he had and his weight then was around 90 pounds.
The vet told me that I need to take good care of his diet in order to prevent hip displasia and other bone related disorders that are common in large breed dogs.
I now feed him with Wellness Large Breed Puppy food and I’m planning to stick to this brand when he grows up cause I’m very satisfied with it.

Hey everyone,
I have a German Shepherd, he is one year old now but ever since he was something like 3 months old, I started feeding him with canned food. I tried with several brands, but Evangers has got to be the best I’ve tried so far. I have also recommended it to some of my friends and now they all share my opinion. I’ve tried with Tripett too, you can try it, it is pretty good, but Evangers does it for me. I combine it with a really small amount of my dog’s food and he always eats it all. Well, I’ve tried it once and never switched again.