Hello. I have a question about raw food. Don’t worry! I’m not gonna ask you about the benefits and disadvantages of raw cat food, we went through that like a thousand times and we can all agree on one- we will never agree when it comes to raw food.:) No matter what has been said, our opinions will remain different, some of us think it’s good and some of us think it’s bad… and that’s ok. And here is the thing that I am interested in (I am now referring to all those raw food fanatics :)) - can you tell me how to make raw cat food?

Am I the only one here who is not bothered by the raw food pros and cons discussions? I could have that discussion like a billion times.  When I saw a new topic about raw food I already started preparing my arguments that support it.:)) Since you’re already on board with the idea, I’ll skip them.:) 

The preparation of raw foods is pretty simple. Just buy a blender and use it to mix vegetables (such as broccoli and spinach) and some meat that your cat likes. It could be chicken, duck or goat meat. Mix it all well and you’re done.

Hello. Here is starter pack info for feeding your cat raw:

• Be sure your cat is eligible for raw diet (you need vet’s confirmation that she doesn’t have any health problems which forbid her high amount of raw food)
  • Always buy fresh food
  • Get to know how much nutrition your cat needs every day
  • Find out nutritional values of food you are giving to your cat (and feed her according to her daily needs)
  • Give her a variety of different foods as cats tend to be picky and to keep your cat interested in raw food
  • Pay attention that she has enough taurine in her nutrition (if not, you need to supplement it).

Now, the next step is your kitchen. :) Good luck!

Hey everyone. I love those discussion about raw food as well, I have always to say more about it :)

About your question, it is not hard at all to make raw cat food. Actually, I think that, once you learn how to do this you will find it very fun as well. First, you need to find the best ingredients, fresh ingredients. But first, you need to know can your cat follow this diet program or not. It is very easy to find out, so I believe that this won’t be a problem. You need to learn all about your cat nutritional needs, and once you learn this, it is going to be much easier to prepare food for your cat. It is not easy at the beginning, but later it is ok. 

Hello all.

I will share my routine for preparing raw meals for my cats. Of course, the first thing you should pay attention to is the freshness of foods you will use for preparing the meals. Raw food is extremely perishable and you must keep it in the fridge but also just for a certain period of time. That means you need to buy fresh food every 3 or 4 days.

Now, about the food preparing. I use a sharp knife because I prefer chunked foods to blended. I warm up the milk and then I chunk the chicken breasts. I mix that together and it’s done. My cats adore this meal. :)

Well, cats are eating raw food for thousands of years, it doesn’t matter are they outside or they are kept by humans, in homes or yards. Now, it is all about you – do you want to make your pet happy and healthy. If you do, than you should know that you should not serve him all those additives that are totally unnecessary, and you can find them in some canned food as well. It is easy to make raw food for cats, you can find a bunch of recipes online, that can make this prepare easier for you.

Good luck! 

Hey there. When I bought a cat, I didn’t feed her with raw food, because I was not sure is this diet good. I remember that I was talking with my friend “with experience” about this, and she told me that the canned food is the best and that I need to avoid raw food. So, I did it, but very soon I was very sorry about this. So, I started to make raw food for my cat. At the beginning, it was a little bit hard, because I didn’t know how to do it, but very soon I have learn it. You need to pick fresh ingredients, that you need to clean and then you can start to prepare it. Start with chicken, because chicken has the best proteins, and you cat will love it. 

I am not giving you advice, I am just telling you about my cat’s feeding habits.

First of all, keep it simple. Just imagine that your cat is an outside, wild cat, what would she be eating? Canned foods? I don’t think so.

She would be eating mice meat and rats probably. And that’s something she should be able to eat as a pet too since it fits her nutritional needs.  

You can find many recipes that include mice meat online and if you want, I can write some of them here.

That’s of course if you’re on board with the whole mice feeding idea.

Hello everyone. I really love to prepare food for my cat. I enjoy making food for my cat :) One day, when I was giving her canned food, and only canned food ( and that was three or four months ago, I can’t remember ), I caught her eating one really huge, ugly mouse:/ Well, that was pretty much disgusting and that was one more thing that made me think about preparing raw food for my cat :) It is very simple – I always buy fresh groceries, every three days, approximately. I usually blend it as well, with some vegetables as well.