Hi people.

I have a dog, female dog. It is Bulldog and she is two and a half years old. A few days she started to have some issues with her stool. It is hard and she pops very rarely. After 24 hours I went to consult my vet about this issue. He suggested me some laxatives and he told me that I should change the diet for my Amy. The best food is wet food and he suggested me to try this. I have a business trip for two days and I am going to leave my Amy with my mom and her sister. I am sure that they will take really good care of her but I want to buy a good, wet food for her. Do you know what is the best quality wet food for dogs?

Good day there. Catherine, luckily there are so many good wet foods on the market so I believe that you will be able to choose.

Sometimes I use Natura Pet Product’s Innova.  It is totally approved food and it is good to use especially if your pet has problems with hard stool. It has amazing ingredient list and there you can find all that your pet needs. There are so many carbos in brown rice, potato, carrot and all those ingredients are there.

Good choice is Blackwood dog food. The main ingredients are chicken, turkey and lamb.

Check in the pet shop, maybe they have some good advice about wet food.

Hello. I cannot talk that much about wet food because I am not giving it to my dog. But it is true that this food has a lot of proteins in the diet and a few of carbs. If you want to choose a proper wet food for your little buddy, you need to read labels. First, you need to know what good ingredients are. And remember that order of the ingredients is very important. You should buy a food that contains boneless, skinless white chicken meat, enough water for processing, salmon, pumpkin, tomato, pea, sweet potato and sunflower seed oil.

Hey :)

I have to agree with Dog Whisperer. That is good way to choose the best wet food for your dog.

Also, the whole vegetables mixed with good meats in this formula are totally biologically appropriate. It is much better way to choose a food. Whole foods are what you really want to see on a label of canned food :)

Trust me it is the best way to choose the food by yourself when you are reading the ingredients. I think that you know your dog very well, better than us and you might know what he is going to like, right?

Good luck!

Hey there friends :)
Wow, I am so excited because I haven’t expect to see so many comments.
OK, so I went in the pet shop and I tried to find the best food for my pet. Well, I am not sure what to choose because people are telling me totally different food brands.
Nautra is one of the foods that people told me that it is good.
But, Dog Whisperer, your comment really rocks. It is really helpful. Those main ingredients are exactly what I have been looking for.
Do you have any more suggestion for me?
Tnx a lot you are really great.

Hey. :)

Look Catherine, I think that you know your dog and you know what he might like, right? So all those recommendations can be helpful when you go in the pet shop.

Of course that we can give you more advice.

For example, I am a new dog owner, and I bought both food for him – dry and wet.

When it comes to wet food my choice is the food that has whole grains in it.  I also chose a food that contains potato starch as the six ingredient.

I bought EVO Dog food and I hope that it will be OK for my dog.

Hello. I’ve made a list for both dry and wet foods that I find worth buying for my dog. If you want  to hear about my dry food list just send me a message and I’ll send it to you. It’s a very good list (which is logical, cause I made it :D). And since you’re asking about wet food, here is the list: 

• Castor and Pollux Natural Ultramix (Canned)
  • Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain (Canned) 
  • Nature’s Recipe Pure Essentials Limited Ingredient Recipe (Canned)
  • Nature’s Recipe Pure Essentials Limited Ingredient Recipe (Tubs) 

Those are my favourites when it comes to wet food.

Now I feel guilty cause I haven’t mentioned these four, and I wanted to, I just forgot. Here they are: 

•  Newman’s Own Organics Grain Free (Canned) 
  •  Merrick Backcountry Grain Free Stews (Canned) 
  •  Freshpet Nature’s Fresh Dog Food (Pouch)  

and 

•  Lotus Just Juicy Dog Food (Canned) 

Even though I no longer buy these (my dog got bored with them), I have to admit these are high quality brands and even though the price is not so low, I think it’s worth it. They’re affordable for those who have one dog, but for those who own five or six dogs, the price can be a big problem. 

I have been using Evo dog food for a while now and I am very satisfied. I also have several dogs, three of my own and in the last month I was asked to take care of another two dogs, they’re dogs of one acquaintance of mine and she asked me to keep an eye on them and walk them daily while she is not there. She left some food but they won’t eat it so I called her to let her know there will be additional costs and that I have to buy a different type of food...  Since then, all five of dogs I take care of are being fed with EVO and they all love it. And I read that it is very healthy too.

I used EVO too, I don’t know why I haven’t put it on my list.

I think somebody already mentioned it above. I guess there are so many great options and I would need a 30 brands list to put all of those which I find worth buying.

Luckily (or not?) almost every market is limited when it comes to dog food brands. For example back when I went to live in Spain I couldn’t find many of the brands that I used to buy here, but there were some different, maybe even better brands which I ended up switching to.