Hello there, pet, especially cat lovers :) A few days ago, I bought some balance caned cat food for my cat. To cut long story short, I am planning to go to visit my cousin Emma for a few days. Of course, I am planning to take my cat Shakira with me. She is my youngest cat and we have some special connection :) My other cats will be at my mom’s flat for a few days. Since I know that I won’t be able to prepare food for my Shak ( I don’t know how my cousin even let me think to bring her at her flat – she is not a cat lover, at all), I am planning to feed her with natural balance canned cat food. Is this food OK for my cat, just for a few days?

Do you have experience with it? Do you feed your cat with natural balance canned cat food? 

Hello there. I don’t have a cat, but my mom has one. I don’t see anything bad in feeding your cat with natural balance canned cat food. It is formulated to provide all natural, complete and totally balanced nutrition. This food is really good for all stages of your cat’s life, so I don’t see how this food can harm your cat in just a few days. Of course, you have to choose good product, from trusted manufacturers, and your cat will be healthy and she will eat well. Those foods are good when you are going on the trip. 

I am not against canned food as it comes really handy sometimes. The only real danger is to pick some low-quality food which will cause digestive problems to your cat.

I tried several mixtures from Natural balance and many of them weren’t too good for my cats. In fact, they only liked Natural Balance Green Pea & Duck Formula, so I kept giving them this canned food for nearly half a year.

From my point of view, you can choose whatever canned food you think your cat would eat, as you are putting Shakira onto it for few days only.

Have a safe voyage!

I’ve had cats my entire life and I have a lot of experience when it comes to both canned and dry cat foods. I’ve tried many brands and even if I have never tried some specific brand, I usually know someone who did since I have a lot of friends who are also pet owners.

I am a bit skeptic when it comes to Natural Balance because I remember maybe 5-6 years ago some pet owners claimed that their pets had a bad reaction to this food brand. There was vomiting and I think that they later discovered it was all because of the melamine.

Really?

I had no idea.

I don’t use this brand , I think I’ve never used it before (luckily), but I have several friends that use it regularly. I don’t recall them telling me they’ve had any type of issues such as vomiting, diarrhea or something like that while feeding their pets with this brand.

I’ll ask them.

So is there a label on the back that says that the product consists trace amounts of melamine?

I’m familiar that melamine in pet’s food can have toxic effect. I even heard that we shouldn’t use melamine cat bowls because they can cause kitty acne on the chin. 

Hello there. I don’t think that this products can harm your cat, at all. Especially if you say that this will not be for a long time, than this won’t be a problem. I don’t know that much about this foods, but I was reading that they are pretty good and that they are really natural balanced foods. You can try it, I don’t trust that much canned food, I trust only when I make it, but I think that, if you are not able to cook and prepare meals for your cat, I think that this is an excellent solution. Good luck!

Hey there. Yes, you can feed it. My best friend Sarah is feeding her cat with natural balance canned cat food whenever she is going to some trip, or when she needs to leave her cat at her mom’s place. It is pretty much good food, and it is great substitute for raw, home prepared food when you can’t cook for your pet. My friend is very satisfied with it, so I am for it. You definitely can buy it, it won’t harm your cat for a few days..I think that you know that already. Just consult someone in the pet shop about brand and product. 

Hello cat lovers. My Michelle, she is my third cat. Since I am allowed to have a pet, my choice is cat – always! So, I think that I can say that I have a lot of experience with cats, and that I do know a lot about it, how to feed them, how to treat them.
About your question, yes – you can. Actually, I am feeding my cat only with canned food, and this natural balance canned food is my first choice. You really don’t need to be worried, I am not, because I do know that my cat is healthy.

Hello all.

I don’t have a cat at the moment but I am also a big cat lover and I have had cats since I was just a kid. To be honest I have never fed any of my cats with Natural balance products. Yes, I prefer raw food diet but I was also feeding my cats with some canned foods sometimes.

The reason for not using Natural balance products is that I've heard a few complaints from my friends (both cat and dog owners who used this brand). Also I have found a similar article to the one that Mima mentioned earlier.

To sum up, I am not for Natural balance products even thought I don’t have any personal experience with them.